Oh Dear !!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I thought Bill said Central Pacific, and then totally changed tack and then went for Central Atlantic.

Either way, there is no evidence that what happened in China is related in anyway, and is in actual fact many thousands of miles away from any predicted location.

Seems like regular activity that has been happening in that area ( and most others) on our raging planet.

Just another day

:confused:

China? This is the one Wicca was talking about.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8627836.stm

A 6.3-magnitude earthquake has struck off Papua New Guinea but no tsunami alert has been issued and there are no early reports of casualties.

The US Geological Survey said it had hit at about 0915 local time (2315 GMT) and was centred about 29km (18m) east of the Pacific state's city of Lae.

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I think I have an answer for you on this one HillBill:

While we can read poorly spelled or grammatically incorrect English, that doesn't mean we can understand it properly.

A really good example of why spelling and syntax are important is this:

"I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse."

"i had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

So you see, people who structure their sentences correctly, help their uncles. People who don't... :D

That made me laugh more than anything else in this thread

No Bill there was an earth quake in Chine yesterday as well, it happens all time

here is a quote from the page you referred to

The island Papua New Guinea shares with Papua is historically prey to volcanic activity, earthquakes and tidal waves.

So nothing unusual, the whole area is prone to it, as we have witnessed over the last few years.
Its a bit like saying that you predict snow in Lapland next year, mind you you finalised on saying it was going to be the Atlantic.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
There was an earthquake in the pacific, says so in the link, 6.3 richter, papa new guinea, pacific.

The strength and name of the place are the most interesting to me;)

I predict Q :)

No Bill there was an earth quake in Chine yesterday as well, it happens all time

here is a quote from the page you referred to

The island Papua New Guinea shares with Papua is historically prey to volcanic activity, earthquakes and tidal waves.

So nothing unusual, the whole area is prone to it, as we have witnessed over the last few years.
Its a bit like saying that you predict snow in Lapland next year, mind you you finalised on saying it was going to be the Atlantic.

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Nearly 3/4s of the surface area of the planet is saltwater ocean, the largest of them being, respectively, the Pacific and the Atlantic.

Come on HillBill... predicting that 'something will happen in the Pacific ocean' is a bit like saying "I'm getting something coming through the ether... yes... it's a B... definitely a B, followed by... followed by an A... no wait it's an O... BOB! That's it definitely, has anyone here a connection with a Bob anywhere or anytime?"

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Can't ever be right can i :D

1 day volcano
1 day meteor ;)
2 days later earth quake where i said (ish)

1+1=2=

Nearly 3/4s of the surface area of the planet is saltwater ocean, the largest of them being, respectively, the Pacific and the Atlantic.

Come on HillBill... predicting that 'something will happen in the Pacific ocean' is a bit like saying "I'm getting something coming through the ether... yes... it's a B... definitely a B, followed by... followed by an A... no wait it's an O... BOB! That's it definitely, has anyone here a connection with a Bob anywhere or anytime?"

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
1 = 45 men in the audience used a credit card with the first initial R to buy a ticket to the show
1 = not all of them will be called Richard and chances are very good at least one will be called Robert.
2 = Many people know, are related to or have met someone called Bob in their lifetimes

1+1=2=smoke and mirrors ;)

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
I was going to steer clear so as not to fan a bushfire, but things have calmed down a bit so I'll give it a shot!

It sounds as though you're advocating chaos theory Mark; namely the theory that in complex systems in nature appear chaotic because there are so many variables, and a very slight, apparently insignificant alteration in one of these variables can be amplified massively to cause much more significant consequences. The Butterfly Effect is the classic example; the idea that a butterfly flapping its wings could create very slight changes in atmosphere that could snowball into creating, preventing the creation of or altering the path of a tornado, hurricane etc. That, I can get behind.

However, I think that you're oversimplifying it; it doesn't necessarily mean that big event A in location 1 plus big event B in location 2 equals bit event C in location 3. At our current scientific level, I tend to think it means that there's virtually nothing that can be predicted with any sincere degree of accuracy; and that unless you can predict every event no matter how tiny and insignificant, you will never be able to predict significant events with a 100% degree of accuracy outside the extremely near future.

Might be off the mark though :p

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
1 = 45 men in the audience used a credit card with the first initial R to buy a ticket to the show
1 = not all of them will be called Richard and chances are very good at least one will be called Robert.
2 = Many people know, are related to or have met someone called Bob in their lifetimes

1+1=2=smoke and mirrors ;)

;), i have that bit sussed,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE