Oh dear...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
My wife told me that she had got me a main present but it wouldn't arrive until the end of January. In the meantime, I have been given enough chocolate to keep me going for hours (about 7kg :D). I asked not to be told as I like nice surprises...

...however, after opening the second book on pig husbandry, I asked her:

"Have you bought me a pig?"

She replied...

"Not exactly... you see, the woman who was selling them won't let them go individually..."

I'll post pictures once we pick the pair of them up :D :D :D

(and with a 6 year old daughter, it's going to be blooming difficult in about 6 month's time...)

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Absolutely love that story, enjoy (hopefully :)).

Look forward to how that all turns out, your wife certainly knows how to give a gift to remember goodjob.

rorymax

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Maybe Mrs Spandit shouldn't go into the espionage game. :D But she's dam fine at buying presents. After goats, pigs are my favourite farm animal. Do you know the breed yet?
Looking forward to the promised pictures and again an awesome present.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one (or two ?) Mrs Spandit :D kind of Christmas with the potential for the next one's dinner :D

There's another forum which has more than a few pig keeping folks on it, much quieter than here, but very much a similar atmosphere. It's called Overthegate, and the fellow who runs it, Bodger, posts a lot of posts about his pigs :)
Worth a read.

atb,
M

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Very excited I am. Much to learn & build but hopefully we'll have a large amount of sausages for our Summer party:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Aye but I try not to wallow in self pity about it. No, not by the hair on my chiny chin chin.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
:D :D whaat a great present! What kind of system are you thinking about? Keeping them indoors or outdoors and what type of feed you can provide and what will be bought?

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
We're going to convert a stable into a house for them, with a run outside. We'll feed them on bought in food for now until our vegetable garden is up and running

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE