Off topic DIY Desk tidy challenge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hey folks,
As you may have been aware Paul, my brother Matthew and I have a regular triple challenge going on with each other to create a themed piece of "artwork"

Challenge # 4 was started in August 2011 and, by strange coincidence followed on from challenge # 3 to make a chessboard and chess set. See thread here: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76756&highlight=

In August 2011, Matthew threw down the gauntlet this time with a challenge to produce a sculpture, of any material, that can be used as a centre piece on a table, or a desk top.

The deadline was the end of December 2011.

In no particular order and anonymously, here are the entries.

challenge%204%20001.jpg

Challenge%204-0001.jpg

Challenge_04-003.jpg

Have a look at this website for further information and more pictures of these pieces

https://sites.google.com/site/projectchallenges/home

So now what we'd like you to do is vote for which you'd prefer having on your desk at home or the office, or just your particular favourite. Please post a reply below stating your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices.

Votes to be tallied up at midday Monday 2nd Jan 2012. Please cast your vote.

Ta muchly.

Biker

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Should have made this as a poll Aaron :rolleyes:

As for me they're all great but the Mushroom one tops them for me followed by the carved bowl then the first one :)

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
1st (pic 2 mushroom one ) what are those seed pods called that you used for the mushroom tops seen them before but cant remember ?
2nd (pic 3 )
3rd (pic 1 )

All top jobs but thats my vote

Jason

Biker

what are those seed pods called that you used for the mushroom tops seen them before but cant remember

Jason

Hey Jason, they're made from banksia nuts. Truly lovely to look at once they've been on a lathe for a few minutes.

Thanks for the votes so far folks, much appreciated. Be sure to check out the website for more pictures and details. Ta.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
As much as I admire the skill and art of the mushroom one I vote 3 2 1 the carved one would fit in better on my desk ;)

Biker

Thanks for taking the time to reply, very much appreciated. There's been some gloating from a certain someone about his entry gathering more votes than others, but I'm sure you'd agree it sooo deserves it!

Keep on posting your votes please and your comments are always welcomed too.

Decided on the next chalenge today while spending the day in the woods outside of Canterbury. It's going to be a pair of books ends. Any material can be used so this should be an interesting project.

Got to impress both Matthew and Paul with my hobo stove cooking them bacon butties. Lovely day just chatting and chillin'

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
Well i think all three of you are very talented, but for me the order of preference is, Mushrooms, Bowl and last but not least the clock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE