Odd forum things.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

budgetbus

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2010
Nuneaton
The pic heavy thing....are any of us still on dial up ? even when i use 3G its fast enough if people post images at a decent size.

This one bugs me....:p

Adding paypal fees to sales ?? I mean do i need to work out what a percentage is or should a seller just put the price up that they will sell the item for including the fees.

Ok your knife is £ 80 inc P&P if you dont want to take the paypal fees hit just sell it for £ 85.

Mid evening moan over....please feel free to add your moan about stuff in general *

*moaning about THIS thread is banned :p:p

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Paypal's a funny one though.
If no one minds, send it as a gift saves anyone working it out.
There's also the fact that a cheque, cash, p.order or bank transfer doesn't attract fees, so that's the given price. Paypal's the anomally.

cheers,
Toddy

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Problem with sending as gift though, you don't get any buyer protection whatsoever and can't raise even a claim. It's OK when dealing with someone you trust but otherwise, it's a punt. BB have stopped people from putting that in their sale threads. If you want fees covered, you should include it in the price.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was on dial up till I moved house last month. A lot of people in remote country homes still are

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The twenty second search rule does my head sometimes, you can't put a typo in a search and then have to wait 20 secs until you correct it and try again.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
As I said, paypal's the anomally. Most folks pay me by cheque or bank transfer. If they want to pay me by paypal with the payment owed option they can figure out the fees :D I'm not for charging everyone extra for the convenience of accomodating paypal.
I use paypal, I think it's really good, but I know that the insurances it offers are less effective than if I used a credit card.
I don't sell enough that it's worth my while setting up a credit card payment account and paying the retailer's fees though.

On BB though, often the deals are hundreds of pounds. I don't think I've charged more than £15 for anything on here.

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's the buyer protection anyway (I should just log in a find out I suppose)

It's not as though the money transfer can go missing is it, just pay the extra for recorded post and claim any losses through Royal Mail if things go missing.

Paypal as a gift seems to work but I reckon they'll be changing the policy soon

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I wondered about that to be honest. I sold 9 cops of thread between yesterday and today, and, oddly for me, they were all paid for using paypal. My account suddenly shows all these £15's as gifts.
It must look really obvious that I was selling something.

I haven't a clue what the paypal percentage is on a transaction. I have other threads to sell though so I suppose I'd better figure it out.

cheers,
M

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I wondered about that to be honest. I sold 9 cops of thread between yesterday and today, and, oddly for me, they were all paid for using paypal. My account suddenly shows all these £15's as gifts.
It must look really obvious that I was selling something.

I haven't a clue what the paypal percentage is on a transaction. I have other threads to sell though so I suppose I'd better figure it out.

cheers,
M

Paypal won't care as they still get their cut from the sender.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Paypal won't care as they still get their cut from the sender.

I thought if I sent £15 as a gift the receiver would get the full amount and there'd be no fees, never noticed any anyway but I don't pay that much attention to the pennies in my account, I'm more bothered about squids :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE