Oak Leaf Necklace From Recycled Penny

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Hi Guys,

As autumn is now upon us I decided to make a little oak leaf pendant. I have used an old and worn penny from 1962/3 (can't decide which year as the date is quite worn and could be either) to make it. Firstly I flattened it using my rolling mill, and then pierced out the shape. It has been roughly sanded and shaped to leave a bit of texture to it and has been given a bit of colour by heating with a torch. It has a coating of wax to protect both the pendant and the wearer. Supplied with a sterling silver chain. These make excellent gifts for Christmas :)

asu6uze7.jpg

ydy9emep.jpg

3y7amu4e.jpg

uzuza4ud.jpg

£17 including postage. Buyer will also receive the original penny with the necklace. - SOLD

Thanks for looking,

Rachael x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
did you stamp the shape out?

looks really cool, you should try some mushroom patterns!

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Samon - As Mark says, I use a piercing saw to cut all my shapes out. And funny you should mention mushrooms, as that is going to be my next project :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Luverly Squishy,

(I wont tell on you for defacing the image of the Queen!:eek:) They look lovely and a lot safer using a roller than lying with your neck on the railway line. I did a sixpence in half many moons ago as a prezzy for my good lady when I was moving away for work. I like yours better though, beautiful leaf shape, an ivy leaf might be nice too.

Good luck with the sales.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks GB :) I do plan on making a few more like this, an ivy leaf would be good :)

It was just that I put an Ivy leaf on with my Remembrance poppy the other day because of it's connotations in plant lore. Plus they look good and the LOTR folks seem to go nuts for them.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
haha, yeah they do :) I've made a few before using ivy leaf skeletons, and I actually found one I made a while back when looking for something else earlier so think I will do something in silver with it soon :)

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Lovely work. Are there others available at present?

If not, will you be posting if/when they're ready?

All the best.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
Thanks very much :) I am trying to source some more coins to recycle at the moment, however I can always make pendants from copper, bronze or silver sheet straight away. Feel free to PM me if you would like anything :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE