Oak arrow stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Evening all
Made this for my wee sister for Xmas now she has her first bow and is constantly murding my dads shed at the bottom of the garden.
There's carved owls and a feather on there. Also her name in runes which she asked for on the main shaft.
image_zpsc60db002.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Making another one tonight to take to the longbow shop in Birkenhead to try and trade it for sinew and fletchings. Fingers crossed

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Great stuff much better than being crammed in a tube.

That's exactly what I thought, she's in love with it too so was well worth it. I didn't use any power tools at all making it. The shaft started out as a board that I planed round, used and brace n bit for the holes and planed the rough sawn oak board square, all coated up with Danish oil. Tonight's will be same, hate noisy dusty power tools

Blood

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2014
Fflint
Nice going you just have to fill it up with arrows now.

That's the plan, try me hand at fletching without a jig. Spotted a tutorial on primitive skills web site the other day using a piece of birch bark and a drop spindle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE