O2GO drink sachets

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I picked up a couple of packets of these in Morrisons last night

http://www.wedrinkmorewater.com/

They have the trial size (3 pack) for about 50p I think. Each sachet makes up 500ml of water.

I thought they would make a change to drinking plain water when I`m out and about.

They`re pretty good for you too containing plenty of vitamins etc.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I'm always wary of powdered flavours for water...maybe its because I still have nightmares about the orange & lemon powder you used to get in rat packs. It's setting my teeth on edge just thinking about them now!

What do they taste like?
Do you get left with a gritty bit at the bottom of your bottle?
If used in your water bottle, do they taint the water?

Simon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Okay, in the interests of science and the fact I`ve got nothing better to do until she gets home, I`ve cracked one open for a cheeky sample.

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00729.jpg

I`ve tested the "Lemon Citrus" flavour

I put 500ml of tap water in a sports bottle and added the sachet contents, shook it up for about 10 seconds then emptied it into a pint glass.

DSC00731.jpg

Surprisingly the cloudy water cleared after about 5 seconds and there was no powder to be seen. Nothing on the bottom even after a couple of minutes.

Taste wise it`s not bad actually, not too strong and not zingy on the teeth. If anything I`d probably make it up with less water next time, say 400ml.

Anyway I`ve just supped it and it was rather pleasant and possibly the most vitamins I`ve had for about 3 months.

I`ll be buying some more.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Is it as ghastly as Kool aid?

And where do I dind it??

Im going to morrisons tommorrow co incidentally

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think it`s okay stuff Tengu, makes a change to plain water anyway.

It was down the drinks aisle on one of those vertical strips they hang from the shelves.

Might be useful if anyone uses iodine to treat their water.

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Hmm unfortunately Morrisons is abit far away just for these.

I tend to use few drops of concentrated Lemon juice (Jif).

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Tried these a while back and they're not bad, personally I would prefer a stronger flavour but as has been said just add it to less water.
All in all handy for hot day hike thirst quenching :1244:

SimonM, how can you not like Screech?!? (the orange or lemon flavour powdered drink found in rat packs). The first time i tried it was during the hot summer a few years back after a very hot hike to our fave site, yes it took a while to dissolve all the chrystals (those gritty bits :) ) but 1 packet refreshed two adults and 2 kids that day and ever since then I've loved the stuff.

Just a shame you cant buy it in shops:(

Kev

xylaria

Lidl sell a fruit drink powder and it is lovely.

I can't remember the exact price but is about 1.19£ for a jar that makes up 4 LITRES!!!!!

It doesn't have any vitamins added, but sorrel very nice this time year.

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
SimonM, how can you not like Screech?!? (the orange or lemon flavour powdered drink found in rat packs). The first time i tried it was during the hot summer a few years back after a very hot hike to our fave site, yes it took a while to dissolve all the chrystals (those gritty bits :) ) but 1 packet refreshed two adults and 2 kids that day and ever since then I've loved the stuff.
Kev

You gave it to kids? :eek: Now that is just wrong!:D
(although both of mine love bscuits brown - but thats a whole different arguement! :AR15firin :BlueTeamE

Simon

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
You gave it to kids? Now that is just wrong!
(although both of mine love bscuits brown - but thats a whole different arguement!

Well one of the kids was my daughter and the other was my nephew so believe me they deserved all they got:D

I don't want to go off subject but I have to ask . .What is the deal with biscuits brown?!?

firstly are there 2 types, biscuit brown & biscuit brown - s if not then what does the "S" stand for?
Secondly, what are they supposed to be? sweet or savoury? I did notice a hint of sweetness but not much so maybe your supposed to spread the meat spread on them??

Kev
as ever confused :confused:

Edit. I get a funny feeling that the above questions have been pondered by many a squaddy over the years.

rigger_john

Sep 23, 2008
leicester
firstly are there 2 types, biscuit brown & biscuit brown - s if not then what does the "S" stand for?

I used to get those biscuits with AB on the green foil pack, we use to refer to them as biscuits airborne :) the other was biscuits fruit, which were garibaldi. I never saw them marked with -S

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I bought a packet today, it was 59p (I think, Ill check the recpt when I get the time)

havent tried it yet; let you know how I do when Im thirsty!

Lidls forest fruits drink is nice too

Jared

Sep 8, 2005
Wales
I used to get those biscuits with AB on the green foil pack, we use to refer to them as biscuits airborne :) the other was biscuits fruit, which were garibaldi. I never saw them marked with -S

RTE17.jpg

RTE18.jpg

No idea what the hypen-S is though. :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE