Not yet half past ten yet this heat is brutal

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
You got a task on there mate for sure, I just went to the shop and back, less than 2 mile round trip and that was enough for me, only 21 here

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Here yesterday it got up to 93f (about 34c) with 75% humidity luckily we've go whole house AC, i dred the electric bill coming. One thing we used to do when we didn't have AC was to put a large bowl of ice in front of the desk fan and let the chilled air just wash over us....nice!

It's not supposed to be this humid here in the Piedmont, if I wanted high heat and humidity I'd move in next door to santaman2000. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Patrick's kind of weathered looking sometimes anyway, but if he's anything like HWMBLT (who walked 15+ miles up near Aviemore yesterday) he'll be looking like an old salt :D

M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Being a ginger ninja, this weather is like garlic to vampires for me... I'd rather be in the shade of a tree than the garden!

I'm trying to think of a way of jamming both back and front doors open to see if I can generate a through going draught :) It's not working with just the windows.

Everything's growing like Jack's beanstalk :)

My freckles are starting to join up :D I can't say it's a 'tan' exactly, but it's definitely sun stained :rolleyes:

atb,
M

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Long may it continue! :)

A very pleasant 24 here today although we do have all the doors open at work and fans creating a sort of wind tunnel effect which is very nice indeed. Our excellent work uniform of black jeans and black long sleeved polo shirts makes for a fairly warm day!

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Can't believe i am having to take factor 30 sunblock to Scotland :lmao: i will adapt i'm sure, i'm so pasty white i make the inside of a kinder egg look like milk chocolate

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nivea sell a factor 50 kids waterproof sunblock that's pretty comfortable to wear.....just apply little and often.
Touch wood, but I haven't burnt despite the sunshine :cool:

Tell you though, there are folks walking around that look like burnt leather :yikes: not sure that's good for the skin, tbh.

I've been eyeing up a new hat.....I know I'm going to get laughed at over it, but it's tempting, really tempting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Woman...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item8bbead18d8

atb,
M

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I grabbed a primark special £1 sunhat last week so i can't laugh at anyone's hat action

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
These days I always wear a 'Rogue' leather hat and factor 50 after a having a few bits chopped out of me questioning skin cancer.

Look after your skin folks it's the only one you get!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nivea sell a factor 50 kids waterproof sunblock that's pretty comfortable to wear.....just apply little and often.

Tell you though, there are folks walking around that look like burnt leather :yikes: not sure that's good for the skin, tbh.

I've been eyeing up a new hat.....I know I'm going to get laughed at over it, but it's tempting, really tempting.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Woman...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item8bbead18d8

atb,
M

That looks the biz!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I think that hat looks as if it'll protect really well, and I think it looks very well also; who cares what anybody else thinks?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales

atb,
M

I was in Merthyr Tydfil today and the fashion trends were

Young girls...cut off shorts and sleveless tops
Young men...Bermuda shorts and flip flops (no top)
Men over forty...Bermuda shorts, vests and flip flops.

Its a real fashion power house here in the valleys and you could hear flesh searing as you walked around. I think there will be one or two very, very, very sore people later on tonight.

allrightscud

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2013
Central Belt, Scotland
I'm in the North Sea, all we have is fog! Its been foggy since Monday night and we've had no flights since Monday. Theres a lot of sad people here at the moment. The longer the good weather onshore the more likely we'll be fog bound! The current back log of flights is around 80! I might not even get off next tuesday at this rate. The summer will be gone by then!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
88f (31c) here now and that's probably as hot as it will get today; relatively a nice, cool Summer's day!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Here yesterday it got up to 93f (about 34c) with 75% humidity luckily we've go whole house AC, i dred the electric bill coming. One thing we used to do when we didn't have AC was to put a large bowl of ice in front of the desk fan and let the chilled air just wash over us....nice!

It's not supposed to be this humid here in the Piedmont, if I wanted high heat and humidity I'd move in next door to santaman2000. :)

I just looked up average humidity for both of us. 75% is normal average for us both. Low 90s in the morning and low to mid 60s in the afternoon. TBH 75%

The national average (other than the desert southwest) is pretty close to that. 50% to 80%

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It hit 34.9degC in the back garden today, and it's now down to a blessedly cooler 24C :D

It's still too warm, but it's an awful lot more bearable :D

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE