Not the best place to pitch your tent.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Dangerous stuff.

The man with an iq above 1 doesn't camp in a river bed. Anyone who does gives the word pleb a whole new meaning :D

JC1984

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2012
Craster, Northumberland
Amazing video! Wonder if it would have come down any faster without the debris? It's good to see a flash flood in action, I think in the UK they are sometimes a little tricky to imagine.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Much faster without debis. There is records of a flash flood, not all that long ago in the UK that killed lots of people, cant remember the name of the place. Think it started with an L lol, been a while since i was at school :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Beautiful! And sound advice not to pitch a tent in them. But they're not called "dry riverbads" in that part of the country. Rather they're called a "wash." I know, I heard the guy in the video say ruver as well but I'm suspecting he was a transplant from elsewhere.

I remember the biggest one, the Las Vegas Wash, when I was stationed in Nevada. It was 2 miles wide at it's mouth where it empied into Lake Mead. They were constantly getting unknowing campers either hurt or needing rescue there (I don't remember any dieing while I was there but I'm sure it's happened at some time) The most ironic part was that part of Las Vegas, miles away, had a major street, Charleston Boulevard, running down the center of the wash. Every time it rained more than a couple of inches the water would rise to the bottom of flyovers and the street would have to be closed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE