Not sure this is bushcrafty but made me smile!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
So today I set about making a ball in a cage as id seen them and thought they were super cool looking! as this was my first attempt at whittling anything (other than a spoon that I made at college with many tools) I am rather proud to say the least :D . . all created with a Stanley knife in 4 hours.

26052010875.jpg

26052010874.jpg

26052010873.jpg

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
did you whittle the chicken in the first pic aswell? its really realistic!

fantastic work mate, havent had the guts to do one myself yet (have done a chicken, but not as good as yours :p )

ATB
TJ

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
cheers guys for them kind words :) iv sanded it off now so it looks a load smoother n nice ;)
it really was not as hard as you may think, if you don't believe me I did it with one hand in 4hours +15mins for the sanding part! lol (left hand is a fake, u can see my split thumb in the picture!)
anyone know if their any other 'disabled' people on this site??
I started making a wooden chain because they also look very cool, but i broke it :( ill add a picture,
cheers guys
26052010880.jpg

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
Excellent work! Inspired me to have a go now :)

Hope you celebrated with eggs from the chicken, parsley and chives from your herb tub too!

takjaa

May 20, 2010
Hampshire, England
nice work

there appears to be some sort of bird right in front of your feet in the first picture?!?!

lol thats beyonce the chicken, she is magic on legs, eggs 4 me, poo for the veg patch, no slugs or snails in my garden and they eat all my veg scraps too! what isnt their to love about em?

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
Chive flowers in a salad or even in an omelette - they are soooo tasty. Got a good crop of flowers heading your way there by the looks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE