Not another spoon thread!!!!!!!

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hey, that's nice dude! I reckon you might have concentrated on the handle to bowl join a bit:D, when you were shaping it did you get one profile finished before moving onto the other, like getting to the shape you want from the side before moving onto the top down shape? it can help with getting the overall shape your going for, that and putting it down, taking a step back every now an then to asses where you are and where your going next.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
To be honest southey it was pretty abstract and just sort of evolved from the bit of wood I had.
Maybe next time I'll draw an outline on the wood first.Not sure what happened with the join bit , I
guess I got a bit carried away.I don't know how practical it will be but it does feel nice in the hand.
Thanks for the comments.
Simon

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
To be honest southey it was pretty abstract and just sort of evolved from the bit of wood I had.
Maybe next time I'll draw an outline on the wood first.Not sure what happened with the join bit , I
guess I got a bit carried away.I don't know how practical it will be but it does feel nice in the hand.
Thanks for the comments.
Simon
No please dont draw any outlines! In my experience the spoon gets boring then. Much more fun and the spoon gets more dynamic and special if you skip the outlines :).

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I did cut myself ALOT Kev.
Just Moras and a little curvy chisel then sandpaper.
Glad you like.
I have worked out an excuse/reason for having a pointy end.If I'm eating outside and have to put the spoon down I can stick it in the ground to keep the bowl clean and dry!!!!!!!!
I knew there was method in my madness.
Simon

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
That is fantastic Simon, much better than my early efforts , glad to see you are getting some use out of my old knives , I told you they take a good edge!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE