Norwich and Norfolk group?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jay-Jay

May 11, 2006
Thetford
That sounds great stuff mate, but not today - it's chucking it down :(
Count me in to clear it if you need help and i have a nice new chainsaw if you need to borrow one :D

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Ahhh rain, :( yes i diddn't see the forecast! oh well!

Count me in to clear it if you need help and i have a nice new chainsaw if you need to borrow one

:You_Rock_ cheers for that mate, i don't actually know what the owner means by "over grown", it might just be weeds!
Damascus did mention "cutting our way in" though! :D
can't imagine that'll be fun :naughty:

what ever happens when we do turn up remember good impressions last! so best behaviour chaps ;) ! and we could spend may meetings there!

hopefully Damascus will get bacjk to us about the details! :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi all, I have spoke to and got the go ahead to use the wood :deal: , it is small in lots of ways but he has a bit of farm land connected to it. The site is only a short distance from the farm house so I would like to keep the numbers small say about four the first time we use it and take it from there.

The only thing we need to do now is set a date, problem as Rappleby knows is me finding the time but I plan to do a test drive within the next month or so, I'll keep you posted.

D :lmao:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
how about we do quick day trip (few hours) to check the place out? so we can do our good impression thing! ;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
A BIG HELLO! :You_Rock_

to all those people i met at the norfolk show! over the last two days on the woodland survival crafts stall (firelighting),
please just dive in!
ask what ever you want!
and please feel very welcome to join us when we meet up!
if you want PM, or E-mail me first if you want to! :D

RAPPLEBY2000 said:
:lmao: :lmao:
if you can give me some details (map ref's)i will check them out next time i'm up that way!

Hi Rap
sorry took so long, had to buy a map, skint and all that. references are TF683293 for the roundabout and woods where the muntjack are and TF647335 for Snetisham beach. was up there a few days ago and its swarming with holiday makers etc. so may be better to leave that for the winter :-0

hope all is well and have a good time at the show.
David

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Ah i see, i had to search the thread but here is the other reference to your post,

hello there, yes i know leziete, it looks like a good place. one area that is good is near sandringam on the a148 - i spend some time in the woods there waiting for the muntjacks to get run over (hmm tasty) or on the wash, bit crowded this time of year though.
and
references are TF683293 for the roundabout and woods where the muntjack are and TF647335 for Snetisham beach. was up there a few days ago and its swarming with holiday makers etc. so may be better to leave that for the winter :-0

some of the new guy's won't have read the first part of the thread. ;)

well it sounds like a nice place can't say i've been there but it sounds nice
heres a map of the wooded area you mentioned
gam_ordsvywat-sun-17341812950860.png

any bushcrafty camp sites nearby?
cheers! :D

Biddlesby

Settler
May 16, 2005
Frankfurt
Exams are finally over. Ended with a three hour (in the stinking heat...) maths extension paper. I will thus be able and (very) willing for some bushcraft foray's/meets over the summer: although for the next two weeks I can only make weekends.

I've been looking forward to getting out there with all this green.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:35: :You_Rock_

well done mate, i remember what that was like!

we will be doing more as the year goes on!

i have nothing planned next weekend, haven't got the car this'n seeing parents in law!

does anyone want to have a meet up?

next weekend, Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th of July?

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
How do all, Just got back from my holidays :) . Thanks for the offer of a lift Lord Lurcher, much appreciated :) . And I'd be up for a meet on the 8th (can't make the Sunday).

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
how about up your way snufkin, no ones been that way!
you could take us to your local walk/wooded area

what d'you think?

also Biddleby do you have transport?

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i would love to come, would you be staying overnight or just in the day time
i will have to ask my parents
i am 14 would i be able to come on my own or would my dad have to come
leon

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi leon,
i just sent you a PM,
because you are under 18 it's best you bring an adult,
for 3 reasons,
1 it covers our back as far as responsibility goes,insurance, and various child/minor saftey reasons we have nowerdays.
i know it seems patronising but i work in the business and know how easy it is to get into problems with legislation :nono:
2 i know when i was 14, my parents would have been worried about me meeting strange men in the woods! :eek:
3 free taxi service ;) (only kidding)!
yes do bring an adult, it will keep everyone happy!

but on the flip side,

we are friendly, you will learn something, and we have loads of stuff planned!
your dad (or whoever), is welcome to join in with anything we do!

you will read back on previous posts the best stuff to bring i.e.

clothes suitable for a walk in the countryside, alot of the places we go are public which means dog mess is about so don't bring brand new trainers! :yuck:

bring some drink, and food if you want.
also bring along some of your kit if you want to show us or ask questions about!
please note: no big knives or weapons
we are all in the same boat, we're all learning!
but don't feel under pressure, we'll still just be happy to meet you and your dad!
hope to see you soon!

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
im not sure but i think we are on holiday that weekend is there any other meets, weekends going on in the same sort of area if so please let me know dates etc
thanks leon

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
RAPPLEBY2000 said:
how about up your way snufkin, no ones been that way!
you could take us to your local walk/wooded area

what d'you think?

also Biddleby do you have transport?
To tell the truth there isn't much nice stuff around my way. The local wood is forestry commission plantation, so not very exciting, except in mushroom season. We could mooch along Weaver's Way for a bit to Felmingham Heath, it's not very big but it's quite nice. I haven't been up there for a while so I don't know what the gorse is like. If people are interested I could pop up on my bike and have a look and see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE