Norwegian Woolly Jumpers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Silverback said:
Sounds like you suffer the same way I do - I would be interested to hear your views on some of the other kit with wool content (swanni) as I am reluctant to buy what I can't 'try' :)
Personally I found the Swanndri shirt pretty itchy too although it has merino wool mix, just felt quite rough. But it's a personal thing and it's worth trying one on first or borrowing one for a day is better ;) The Devold wool is really soft with high loft and not too open knit. The Swanndri is a much closer, more durable weave which stands up to more as an outer layer. I tend to wear the jumper under a smock so it doesn't matter so much or where I am not crawling through bushes.

The army surplus Helly Hansen Field jacket mentioned on another thread (linked) is 80% wool mix and I find that no problem at all. That is close woven, tough and really snug. Not quite as natural or traditional though but really well made and cheaper option.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE