Norwegian Army Overboots: sizing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
After a bit of advice on sizing please.

Ive just ordered a pair of Norwegian Army Overboots on sale here

I take a size 9 uk so I ordered a size 9.5-10.5.

Now, does that mean that they are a size 9.5-10.5?

Or does it mean that you could fit a 9.5-10.5 size boot inside them?

Hope that makes sense? Do they run large or small?

Cheers.

Im planning on wearing these over a pair of soviet Valenki's [Felted wool boots.]

Difficult to get it right unless youre trying them on....

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
What he said.
But remember that they are designed to fit outside the M77 Norwegian Army boots https://www.forsvarsbrukt.no/p-964-feltstvel-m77-ubrukt.aspx. They are pretty slim, and I would think a pair of size 9 valenki are a bit mor bulky and volumious than a size 9 Norwegian Army boots....

The over boots arrived size 43\44, and I'm not too happy with them as they won't even fit over a pair of size uk 9 lowa goretex mountain boots...

Edit. Managed to pull them over the boot, very tight.

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Great look forward to hearing about yours Sarg.

Thankyou skaukraft. How do you think the boot and overboot combo compares against a 'proper' pacboot, like a sorel for instance?

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
How do you think the boot and overboot combo compares against a 'proper' pacboot, like a sorel for instance?

Well, I think pacboots and its like is for sitting still, either on a chair waiting for the spring to arrive, or on a snowmobile.
When out in det woods or mountains in winter time I normally wear skiboots, or my Lundhags boots with proper wool socks.

sgtoutback

Nomad
Jun 29, 2010
Near the fundy
mine arrived, though I ordered for a size 11(45), they sent a 47/48. they fit well over my boots but aren't loose by any means. I contacted them and they said they advise going up a category, I if your in a 45/46 then you should get a 47/48 etc. but they didn't tell me they had before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE