Northern Meet Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
Eric_Methven said:
I've been trying to fix the 'puter all day. I bought a couple of new drives, a DVD RW and a DVD/CD Rom drive. I installed both and the computer sees a new device when I boot up, but can't find a driver for it. All I got with the drives was a CD and of course neither will install because the computer doesn't see the drives there. It's doing my head in :( . I'll probably go out tomorrow and blow a load of money on a new computer and run this HD as a slave. Don't want to, but I can't think of a way to sort this one. It's a catch 22 situation.

Eric
Find the exact model of your drive and try downloading the drivers Eric, that should work. :)

Bumblebee

Nomad
May 27, 2005
Here and there
Hmm.... Standard optical drives doesn't need drivers, I quess your motherboard or windows installation is beyond repair :( and I am pretty sure that your original drives are OK. If I lived closer I would drop in and have a look...

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Seems odd posting tech stuff but...... :p
Did you check that you only had one drive set to master and the other set to slave(the wee jumpers at the back next to where the cable goes in).

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i seem to remember some of the laters windows operating systems giving me grief when trying to install new hardware devices. something to do with non-windows digital signature? could this be the problem?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
It was easier to just go out and buy a new base unit with XP loaded up already. I'll stick the old hard drive in as a slave so I don't lose any data then I should be able to get photos posted of the NORTH MEET (to bring the thread back on line).

Thanks for all the advice though.

Eric

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ok Guys and girls, I'm going to close this thread now as you've got the other north meet one open (I closed the other two threads the other day) If you can keep all the North Meet info in the new thread it would be most appreciated. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE