North wood february 25-27 to coincide with the outdoor leasure show

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
for those new or not sure theres a map here, when it opens click 'my maps' then 'north wood' and it will load up, click on an icon to see the info. i dont know of any other way to show you this. hmm, not working ah well, any comp boffs know how?

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Count me in!

there you go rb, your in! :D

Please list your interest below only if you agree to the terms in post 1 and include this line in the paste
1. woodspirits
2. SimonD
3. Sasquatch
4. NLW
5. MartinK9
6.Twodogs
7. Muddy Boots
8. Neumo
9. Tank
10. Andy2112
11. Snarf
12.Karl82
13.luckylee.
14.The Big Lebowski (sober this time )
15. Cliv
16.dave53
17. Snarfs sniff (Kay)
18. TinkyPete (TBC due to work)
19. marvalous
20. IntrepidStu
21. jimbo75
22. shaggystu
23. andy t (tbc ....birthday weekend )
24. septicben
25. Shanghai Jim
26. cwillson (tbc)
27. Preper
28. Addo
29. Davey569 (TBC)
30. Elines
31. Andy BB (tbc)
32. MJM1
33. redwood bushcraft

SimonD

Settler
Oct 4, 2010
Lincolnshire
Thanks for the warning Simon, must remember not to bring any money with me :)
Food is certainly an area where I need some help ie how much should I bring and what kind of stuff is best, tinned, freeze dried, boil in the bag?

whatevers small really. i'll be bringing some rat packs and maybe a steak for sat night. believe it or not i brought a 30l plastic box with allsorts in december! a loaf, sausages, bacon, the steak i mentioned earlier, some veggies, fruit, tommy k. i pretty much cleared my kitchen and brought most of it home, to a 'told you so' look from my wife. i didn't actually eat in volume even 50% of what i normally would over a weekend. that might just be me tho. i would suggest you are better bringing too much of whatever, food or kit, and being comfortable, than trying to really lightweight it first time out. that way you'll be able to figure out what you need in comfort over a few meets. i think everyone's kit is quite personal to them so its just a case of seeing what you require for your desired comfort level. tbh i'm a beginner myself so i'll be refining my loadout some more at the end of the month :)

oh and i might be bringing a cake! :D

Last edited:

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for the offer dude, but I actually went and grabbed myself a jerry can this morning from the army surplus. Now I need to find an angle grinder to take the side off. Do I need to bring some bricks or summat to stand it on, or are there enough stones lying about?

Getting very excited now! Got the dutch oven in the post. :)

C

Hopefully you can season the dutchie beforehand, makes life easier. Wilkinson's sell folding racks that fit into the jerry can perfect and keep it off the ground for about £2, saves tabbing bricks in or using uneven rocks. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs or anything though, just thought I'd mention the dutchie in case you weren't aware...

Edit; sorry chap, just saw you've been on the forum longer than me, nevermind, I'll get my coat now! :rolleyes:

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Hopefully you can season the dutchie beforehand, makes life easier. Wilkinson's sell folding racks that fit into the jerry can perfect and keep it off the ground for about £2, saves tabbing bricks in or using uneven rocks. Not trying to teach you to suck eggs or anything though, just thought I'd mention the dutchie in case you weren't aware...

Edit; sorry chap, just saw you've been on the forum longer than me, nevermind, I'll get my coat now! :rolleyes:

Dont be silly. Being a member longer than you doesnt mean for a second I have even half a clue of what I am doing! :lmao:

Nice idea about the folding rack; I'll have a hunt for one. And I had forgotten about seasoning the dutch oven too! ;)

I got a lot to learn about that there egg sucking....

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Dont be silly. Being a member longer than you doesnt mean for a second I have even half a clue of what I am doing! :lmao:

Nice idea about the folding rack; I'll have a hunt for one. And I had forgotten about seasoning the dutch oven too! ;)

I got a lot to learn about that there egg sucking....

I can pm a picture of the rack I'm on about if need be, just let me know if you can't find one...

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Looks like its going to be a busy meet with lots of new faces. cant wait to get out into the woods.

Think i may bring some trout, if i can catch the buggers in tescos.

hist_salmonroasting.GIF

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
LMAO Tim nice one. so you mean you not going to forge a knife make the fishing line from natrual cordage, carve the hook and rod and walk to the river and wait till its trout seasion and catch them yourself.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE