North Wood 28-30 June 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Panic! Just staring to get my kit together and can't find the ridgeline for my tarp. Don't understand as I am so meticulous when it comes to packing away. The blooming thing is bright yellow and I can't see it anywhere.

That aside, any suggestions on what to bring as its our first time doing this properly?

Mark

Can't get to my laptop, so sent on my mobile.

Plenty of beer should do the trick!

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Tom is working with HWMBO this weekend, Rev, so no, he's not in attendance :) Actually as I'm hoping to try out my moot clothes, it'll spare him the embaressment!

That upcycled swedish candle looks the business Jimbo, can't wait to see that in action :)

Mark, the 2 things everyone always forgets is a chair for round the fire (not a big problem as there's lots of trunk sections :) ) and a water container! There is a water tap up near the toilet block.

I just can't wait to get there and see you all :) I peaked early thinking it was this weekend up till wednesday, daft mare ;)

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Sorry to butt in on the thread but what's the likely hood of a July meet, can't make this one but would love to come meet everyone :D

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
There's a toilet block, and access to water, but you really need some container unless you fancy a hike every time you want to fill your kettle/pan!

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Sorry to butt in on the thread but what's the likely hood of a July meet, can't make this one but would love to come meet everyone :D

we normally hold North Wood meets the last weekend on alternate months, so the next one should be 30th August. just keep your eye on the meets thread, alternatively you can try the white rose meets just down the road a way, theres are more frequent if your desperate to get away!. :cool:

Two questions I have....
Do you need to bring your own water?
Are there any, erm, toilet facilities or is it a Winnie the pooh in the woods?
Just wondering

yes there is a male/female toilet block located at the farm some 10 minutes walk from the wood, and the cold water standpipe is in the same area. take a look at the map link, dont forget to fill up before going to the wood! :)

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Steve which part of the wood will we be using. Just found Middleton House Farm on Map. How close can I get to campsite with my motor{bearing in mind what I told you earlier}. Hope Ishould be ok with road tyes as the muds take a lot off fuel consumtion.
See you Friday night.

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
If you look at post 1 on this thread, theres a link to a google map which shows all the layout of the wood and parking- provided theres not a mass of rain before then, the track should be fine... there'll probably be a site report later in the week or from the lads going thurs. Usually even the ford Ka's make it down there so no need to swap for the Mud Pluggas ;) If it is very boggy, we'll park at the top and walk the stuff down to save the track for the farmers access- watch steves posts, he liaises with the owner. A few of us run 4x4s so there is a recovery back up plan in event of emergency!

We'll be in CP3 and camping on the south site of the wood I think? It's a 2 min walk tops from the car park 3 :) You'll see the cars down there, just follow the track round the left of the wood, tis easily found :)

Heres that Google map, we are indeed on the south ie bottom corner of the wood.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE