North West

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Hi All

I was wondering if there are any of you out there that are in or practice in the north west or north Wales that would not mind me tagging along or meeting up. I must admit I am relatively new to the bushcraft side of things (about 2 years) but I love getting out.

I am going to wilderness gathering, if anyone from this end wants to meet up there?

Sorry if this sounds like a personal ad its not meant to LOL

Cheers

M

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
how far are you from Manchester and do you have a GSOH (only joking). Im fairly new to this stuff (about a year) too. I would like some company on overnight camps but dont have any transport.

Stu.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
Hi Guys

You need to keep an eye on the Meetups and Social area of the forum. Meets do come up in the area, (namely Delamere and Middlewood) and you'd be made most welcome.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Im in the manchester area as well. maybe at some point we can all organise a mini-meet in our area.

IntrepidStu

Settler
Apr 14, 2008
Manchester
Hi Guys

You need to keep an eye on the Meetups and Social area of the forum. Meets do come up in the area, (namely Delamere and Middlewood) and you'd be made most welcome.

Im not actualy talking about a full scale meetup; simply a "bushcraft buddy" (man do i feel stupid).

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Im not actualy talking about a full scale meetup; simply a "bushcraft buddy" (man do i feel stupid).

this is sounding more and more like a social ad .......... (OMG what have I started LOL)

PJMCBear will do thanks for the tip

IntrepidStu / firecrest I am not to far from manchester but manchester is very large so you could be on the other side of it

I wil send you my number if either of you want to get in touch

cheers

M

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
There's actually a few of us in Cheshire. I'm in Sandbach, Neil's in Crewe, and there's also another guy (sorry forgotten your name!:confused: ) in the Crewe area. Not to forget Bodge in Stoke. In fact there's loads of us within 30 miles of, say J19 of the M6.

Chris

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
Yes i'me a NOrth Wester as well....................flat cap.......whippets......pint "O" mild :p ,

Welcome to the gang people...............keep your eyes peeled for things happening at my end of the woods :D

I hear a rumblin..........................an it's not mi tummy :eek:

Mark

elevenses

Forager
Jan 7, 2008
cheshire
Thanks all for posting we seem to have enough of us to organise a meet.

I am happy to arrange things but I'm not sure how

I don't have written access to any land near me (but working on it) I regularly go to north Wales in forest nr Denbigh that is owned by the FC for walking but not sure about permission for camping etc. there is clear evidence that someone is practicing bushcraft there, as I have found several shelters and a fire pit (not sure who or if done with permission!)

I also regularly walk in Delemere (that has been mentioned on here) again don't know if someone has already sorted permission for this or not.

I don't mind approaching the FC but what I am scared of is stepping on toes here. I don't want to go in and start asking for permission and upsetting current permission's

I don't know if you need permission to set up a basher and have a brew over night ? if not I am happy to organise a non invasive trip anywhere

so what I am probably saying is. if anyone who already has permission for land does not mind organising I would love to come. Or if you know who I can or should approach either here on the forum or directly with the land owners is it possible to point me in the right direction.

could anyone let me know if it is legal / ethical under the right to roam to set up a non invasive camp? (I.E basher or tent and no fire)

many thanks

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE