North West UK camp suggestions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Hi Chaps.

Im hoping to take advantage of the bank holiday monday and was wondering if anyone had any spots they would be willing to share the locations of?

Im after a woodland area far away from concrete and other campers.

As the tradition goes, no litter, fire pits or bottles will be left behind.

Any suggestions ?

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
we've not got too much up here in the NW, are you after an official site or just some out of the way land to wild/stealth camp?

for the bank holiday i'd seriously avoid delemere as its going to be packed, perhaps the peak district? its not far away at all and has some stunning views.

MSkiba

Settler
Aug 11, 2010
North West
Out of the way land offcourse. Dont understand how people can go to official camp sites where open fires are not allowed and you get screaming kids kicking their ball against your tent haha

peak and lake district seem a good choice. Should anyone have a nice out of the way spot I would appreciate some googlemaps co ordinace :)

Thanks in advance.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Kinder scout is good, me and Calibanzwei did that last year, plenty of woodland but mind the midges!
i was planning on doing Shining Tor last week but had to stay home due to the wifes work issues (long story) and that has some nice area's in fact there's a section to the south called "Whetstone Ridge" i was really looking forward to investigating that for the chance of free whetstones.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE