Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Yup fraid so.....it's gone all quiet!:27:

There's a meet the 2nd I believe, I'll be meeting, anyone else?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:)
Hi just sent an E-mail to the owner of the Scout-camp near Thetford.
Hopefully get a reply soon and a weekend can be arranged!

It should be easier for folks south of the county to get to.

is everyone still around??:)

Kai Leingod, what happened to the photos?
btw tomorrow im posting 2 weeks worth of random camp shots

well was in the woods today found some rabbits and a snake roughly 50 - 60 cm long wish i could have gotten a picture used my bushcooker and used the leftovers of some one elses fire as fuel steamed up some rice added some other ingredients and turned out to be a nice meal.

found out new ways to pitch my tarp which made it realy easy to set up and tidy up afterwoods and now pictures.

DSCF0423.jpg

My external frame 45 litre rucksack very heavy may trade it for something if not I'll keep it but won't use it again ways too much

DSCF0424.jpg

new A-Frame set up

DSCF0428.jpg

Bush cooker along with my vango 2 person cookset and that fuel lasted me 1 hour and 30 minutes and still had left overs but i did use some dried up old charcoal the remains from some one else camp still lots there

DSCF0430.jpg

Got a tobacco pouch and use it for my fire kit used it today and worked like a charm

DSCF0431.jpg

the bushcooker started up with no more than a thumbs worth of cotton wool and a natural fire tablet

sorry have been busy and have felt unnaturally tired but im back

:)
Hi just sent an E-mail to the owner of the Scout-camp near Thetford.
Hopefully get a reply soon and a weekend can be arranged!

It should be easier for folks south of the county to get to.

is everyone still around??:)

Kai Leingod, what happened to the photos?

sorry have been busy with work and the usual stuff kinda hit me hard last week but im back now. is the thetford meet this week if so i could make it?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
IPK = Individual Protection Kit. Issued to UK troops to help with trench building. Correct me if I'm wrong...
Mebbe Individual Protection Kit?Was it from Becketts?
yup both right! ;)

Kai Leingod: hey Rich still up for the Thursday in Mousehold heath?
Yup looking forward to it!

As for your External frame rucksack.......well flip me, you've got a GS Bergen, if you've got a good one it'll last years! it's made of "butyl-laminate" sort of fake rubber sandwiched between two layers of nylon, very good stuff!
The frame was also designed to carry a huge army radio, and the frame also fits the SAS/Para bergen and there are stories of the frame(on it's own) being used to carry a seated wounded soldier. It's solid!
one thing to watch out for though, there is no waist belt, or chest strap, It's worth getting a belt fitted as it'll help alot if the bag is heavy!
by the way you can carry the bag without the frame (same as the US medium ALICE pack).

Cool looks like ill keep the bag but I don't think ill use it again back to the slightly cramped forces 33 rucksack.

Awesome looking forward to the thursday should be intresting I have been watching ray mears and have learnt new things well how you should use a bow-drill and how to use a fire steel more effective but hey only time will tell.

Bulldog

Mar 26, 2009
kent
Many years ago in the army cadets we used to drool over those bergens, oh to have had one of those instead of the crappy 58 patt back pack which seemed stone age compared to the super duper bergens :)
Nice kit you have collected, sounds like you guys have a good laugh aswell as learn skills whilst your out and about.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I still have a surplus of IPK new kits if anyone is interested in offering swaps or cash. PM me for price, which is cheap.

I also have a surplus of IPK metal pegs and a large range of fibre shock poles from old dome tents

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Globetrotter, I have a lot of pegs left over from IPK kits.
i use them all the time now for all my tarps!

Are you free on Thursday to meet up?

Still waiting for response from scout camp, I guess they probably don't work on-site full time.

Globetrotter I may be intrested in getting a couple more how much?

What time on thrsday is the meet ? Is it early in the morning or late in the afternoon?

The amount of heat the bush cooker pumps out is impressive I had a boil going in a couple minutes very impressed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE