Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Globetrotter you're partly right,
(post 335 onwards)
TD is definately a good move - the first 100K the engine is still breaking in :p

So is thats the week of the 13th-17th April... Assuming the Monday is out, how about the Tuesday?
had a check with My wifey, and Tuesday 14th all day is good for me:D
I'll bring along all my firelighting goodies!
Great! I love fire - I'll bring mine as well, and we can get arrested for arson(about)

...Back from planet T1tch now, would a lift be of assitance to you, and if not where abouts in the center of Norwich?

this "Thursday 2nd" meet has been organised more recently!

are you available for both meets?:D

Still waiting for reply about Thetford! :( It's annoying cause I've been there 2 times with no trouble so it should be simple to get a place again. I'll try phoning. It'll be worth the wait though (it's even got showers)!

Whilst we're talking about meets! not forgetting the event hosted by DavidJT:
Hi Guys
Just a reminder about the field archery day, now you are all starting to make your plans for the Easter period. Hope some of you are still up for it.
Just to remind you, it's a free field archery have-a-go session held at Whitefriars Bowmen in Dunwich Forest. Saturday 18th 10 - 4.
The club has a beautiful course in 50 acres of Forestry Commission land, and is looking for new members interested in the sport. You could shoot for a while, check out the course, and then have a bimble in Dunwich forest.
Anyone who is interested in coming along PM me for directions etc.
Look forward to hopefully meeting some of you then.
:You_Rock_

:rolleyes:
Hmmmm i just read that again...
The club has a beautiful course in 50 acres of Forestry Commission land

so DavidJT how much do they like Bushcrafters? nudge nudge

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
:)
Hi just sent an E-mail to the owner of the Scout-camp near Thetford.
Hopefully get a reply soon and a weekend can be arranged!

It should be easier for folks south of the county to get to.

is everyone still around??:)

Kai Leingod, what happened to the photos?

I mailed him about availability at Easter - he said when/ I said when u got ? but I never got an answer!!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I mailed him about availability at Easter - he said when/ I said when u got ? but I never got an answer!!

:confused: Oh well, thanks for trying mate.
perhaps he's just not open to any offers at present (Easter would be a busy time for scout camps).

When i went there before twice as the then "East Anglia group" we were welcomed and made to feel at home, we followed all the rules to the word, and theoretically we should easily get to camp there again. It very much depend on when scouts are there (because of child safety).
saying that we stayed there when a group was there the other side of the camp.:dunno:

As i say I'll phone and see what i can come up with, I've his number somewhere in my old address book( I think).:rolleyes:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Kai Leingod: What time on thrsday is the meet ? Is it early in the morning or late in the afternoon?

I think due to getting kids to school etc, I will be able to get there before lunch I guess around 11am if that's ok.

if we meet up tomorrow outside Zaks we can't go too far wrong.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:)
It's a restaruant in the middle of Mousehold heath, opposite a bandstand/footy field.

it's on Gurney road the only road going straight through Mousehold heath.
map of Mousehold area:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=norwich&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.104954,28.300781&ie=UTF8&ll=52.641709,1.317029&spn=0.013125,0.027637&z=15

Google maps Street view(give it a few secs and a view should come up of Zaks on the left!)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=norwich&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=13.104954,28.300781&ie=UTF8&ll=52.641293,1.313596&spn=0.013125,0.027637&z=15&layer=c&cbll=52.641327,1.313757&panoid=T4b5_xG-S87EpZliJexpag&cbp=12,66.62573623963219,,0,5.000000000000001

If we meet at Zaks carpark 11am Tomorrow it's not hard to miss.
(oops should have said, walking from your side of the city zaks will be on your right!):eek:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:You_Rock_ :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_
Hey Kai Leingod mate well done on the first fire by friction!!!

and Globetrotter Damn good attempt! loads of smoke and an ember for a few seconds!
(sadly Globetrotter has an old injury in his hand)

Yup nice day, i love all your new shiney kit! especially the titanium meths burner! very Gucci!

Yes, the parachute is efing Huge fist time I've really seen it up properly.

we Globetrotter, Kai Leingod, and I had a great time with tarps new kit bowdrills etc and had lunch at a cool spot.
loads of stuff to learn, Kai Leingod showed us a Bowline(knot) shortcut to complicated to explne but cool (none of the rabbit and tree story!).

we even came across a patch of:
raspberry, redcurrant, elder, bramble, and beech tree all in 100ft square, be good to pop along later in the year before the birds get the goodies!

Look forward to next time! :You_Rock_

Cheers
Rich

(any photo's?)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
;) Hi, I'll be spending the next few days with my family hunting chicks and Easter eggs so probably won't be online for a few days, taking my bushy gear and a camera so hopefully should have some pics to show. ;)

managed to find another "Survival" item for my RAF ejector seat display kit!
In Hoopers today, arctic issue wristovers, there was at least another pair(I had to rummage In a shopping bag upstairs) still in packaging £2.50
8aa1_1.JPG

i found these on e-bay £4.99(identical)
It's funny the way e-bay sellers take advantage of "Joe Publics" lack of knowledge!
my packet says simply "WRISTLETS WOOLLEN, ONE SIZE" (plus various numbers and store codes)

the e-bay advert says this:
"ARMY SURPLUS WOOL WRISTLETS/WARMERS - SAS/DPM/PARA/NAVY"
(the advert also :lmao: includes a size conversion table!!:rolleyes: they aren't SAS/DPM/PARA/NAVY:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
(they are however Arctic issue so issued to all soldiers not just the elite :rolleyes:
(they look more white than DPM don't you think?:11doh: :lmao: :lmao:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Good find, they are excellent at keep your hands warm in the winter I still have a pair from the time I was in.
Be careful when you wash them though they are pure wool and if too hot will shrink terrible.
good to use with light pair of gloves autumn, early spring.

thats my pennys worth

D

Hello Again Everyone
Time for another "bump" and some more details about my archery club's open day.
Whitefriars Bowmen have a 50 acre course in a beautiful part of Dunwich Forest, and are holding a free "Have-A-Go" day on Saturday 18th April, 10am - 4pm (weekend after Easter).
They'll be a range of equipment available for beginners to try, from medieval longbows, to modern re-curve bows. Experienced archers could bring their own gear, and have a tour of the course.
Free light refreshments are laid on. Just follow the signs off the Westleton - Dunwich Road, to forestry entrance number 41. Parking is available.
Google Maps Location: http://www.tinyurl.com/ddtejx
PM me if you would like further info.
Hope some of us can meet up there.
Cheers, David

P

paintballvern

Hi guys just thought i would let you know i'm still around (lurking).
Been busy with my ou work and other stuff, keeping an eye on the thetford meet, when it happens.
Thanks

Vernon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE