Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Sorry folks, can't make this one. I was waiting to here back from a mate about a group ride. Shame, as I would like to see the Hethel site. Maybe next time.

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
Hi Rich - is this just a day-pass or an over nighter? To be honest I'm tempted either way, but with the way this week is panning out it might be a case of if you see me there then I'm attending (if I knew where 'there' was...)

Sorry to be a little noncommittal, but I was up in Northumberland last week, and my current project decided to get complicated while I was away, so I probably wont find out if the Architect is happy until Friday.

Cheers Mark.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:) Hi T1tch I'ts just a day thing, Don't worry If it was an overnighter, you'd get loads of notice.

(if I knew where 'there' was...)
It's a little Hamlet we're going to.

Directions are going to be tricky, as it's a farm in a tiny hamlet.

It's to the East of Wymondham,
From Norwich southern bypass (A47)take the A11 towards Thetford, whilst going past Wymondham take the sliproad to turn left onto B1135(stanfield rd turns into Wymondham rd) stay on the road till you get to a T- Junction turn left onto B1113 then next left onto Cranes rd now a narrow road,turn left at Crossroads onto Church Lane follow lane to the left, keep going left along track into open old farm area.
Past private road signs

The Farm IS PRIVATE LAND! but Damascus knows the Owner well and we want to use the are again so please be considerate with parking/litter/loud stereo etc.(I'm sure you will);) There Is a Dog but it's friendly.

Best to wait for rest of group to arrive before you leave your car, as the actual woods and route we are going, aren't obvious from the farm.
You can see the farm on Google maps just do a search for "Hethel" zoom in a couple of times and the farm is in the top right hand corner.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi Fellas

Love to join you at this moot but family commitments....Funeral. This sounds like an excellent venue don't you think. Lighting fires is great news but can we cut small timber, overnight and other good bushy stuff?

It is excellent to get private land away from them dreaded public nosey types that see us and think of us army wanabees up to no good...call the police, etc....so thanks to Damascus. Lets hope we can cultivate this relationship, maybe do a bit of clearance, etc for the farmer? Ideas...?

Anyway have a great time fellas and hopefully next time I can meet you all;)
Cheers
Craeg

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Fellas
Love to join you at this moot but family commitments....Funeral.
:( sorry to hear it,

This sounds like an excellent venue don't you think. Lighting fires is great news but can we cut small timber, overnight and other good bushy stuff?
Damascus is the man to ask, but as far as i remember, when we went there it's is just a woodland left to run wild, you can see where trees have grown through previous buildings!
I think there may have been copiced Hazel on the site.

Certainly clearing paths for most land owners would go down well!

also there are some safety issues manhole covers missing (where the buildings used to be, so if those were covered, mabey that would be useful to him?

I sort of get the feeling that he dosn't do much in the actual woodland. but He does do tours/walks through the area for wildlife watchers.

Certainly clearing the other Bunkers of 60+ years of debris would be useful!

no fare :(

oh well life go's on if it was'nt for work i would go damn job

sold more of my old games got a billy can set coming along with a self inflating mat + military issue bivvy bag and some other odds and ends i may nearly have everything :)

hope you guys enjoy those overgrown woods

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
sold more of my old games got a billy can set coming along with a self inflating mat + military issue bivvy bag and some other odds and ends i may nearly have everything

Sounds like you're rearing to go, Did you go for a walk with your mate to the woods?

T1tch

Forager
Dec 24, 2007
Cambridgeshire
...Directions are going to be tricky, as it's a farm in a tiny hamlet...

Thanks for that, Rap :You_Rock_ I think I know where it is now...

Unfortunately it isn't looking likely that I'll manage to make it - I found out mid afternoon yesterday that my hole week thus far has been counter productive - and now I've got to change everything back to the way is was - my cup runneth over:banghead:

I will do my best to get over - if I do I may wait down church lane a ways for you all to turn up - I have an uncanny ability to find my way into the wrong place. So if you see a silver 55 plate golf up there with a big scruffy hairy bloke in it's vacinity, that'll be me. If not then have a great time guys and hopefully I'll catch you all the next time.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
No something came up so I could'nt do it
shame, bring him along next time if you can!:)

Meet at the "Hethel site" 10am this Friday(tomorrow)!
sorry not much notice.
check post 271

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
It looks like a dry day and I'm packed for some fun and to eat more knowledge. Who's coming?

Looks like it's going to be:
RAPPLEBY2000(Me)
Globetrotter (You)
Damascus
and "Fingers crossed" T1tch (if i can find us):
I will do my best to get over - if I do I may wait down church lane a ways for you all to turn up - I have an uncanny ability to find my way into the wrong place. So if you see a silver 55 plate golf up there with a big scruffy hairy bloke in it's vacinity, that'll be me.

the offer is still open if anyone needs a lift from Norwich.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I'm sure we will mate.

I took a few pictures when i met Damascus there before they may be on the archive thread still, but you couldn't see much of the bunkers as there was so much green stuff around.

I'm hoping we might see a bit more as the leaves aren't out yet.

Last time I Met Damascus there, we skinned and cooked a rabbit on an open fire, funny thing though the fire was against an old fireplace(with chimney) of a long since fallen down building, just the 12ft chimneys stand!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I hope you folks enjoyed yourselves. You certainly had the weather for it. Now, I want pictures!

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Globetrotter n Rapps

Enjoyed today pity SWIMBO had summoned me for the afternoon.

Hope you now know how to set a snare and use a trigger with it.

GB thanks for the yo yo reel I have been after one for ages I really apprieciate that gift.

Rapps will catch up with you later, did you take any photo's

all the best

D:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE