Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I'm up for a day out to learn from you guys. maybe santa will bring me something new to play with too. I was meant to be heading south in january for a meet with others but I would rather meet you guys.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Hi Globetrotter - will be good to meet you.
Anybody any preference for any of the days I mentioned ? I'm still free for all at the moment.
Unless there are any other ideas put forward I suggest we go for a wander around Dunwich forest ? This is Forestry Commision land so rules apply. I'll pm grid refs and contact numbers nearer the time.

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I can probably do either Sunday if I can scrounge a lift. Wouldn't be able to do Saturdays as I work and we'll be one down due to holidays in Jan.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I had a free morning and so set off for a few hours kit sorting at the woods. I have decided to replace the ridgeline with a longer piece and I am going to try some jute for my hammock. I have started to use the pegs from a IPK kit.

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Glad to see you're having fun Globetrotter. Haven,t slept in my hammock since the summer.
Inevitably its the case with meetups that whichever day we choose someone is going to miss out because of other commitments, so I'm going to suggest we arrange two meets Sunday 4th January and Saturday 10th. I'll be there for both dates. People can then choose to come on one or t'other or both. How's that sound ?
Just let me know if you're coming so I know how long to wait around.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
..you could say im a 'quiet watcher'!!Im usually on BB.Didnt even know there was a naarfolk group on here,mind you i havent even looked!Ive been tucked away in my forge of late knocking out firesteels..sharp things..I would be up for a meet-up but in about three weeks time i will be experiencing fatherhood.Sometime eh?.....

KevB

Forager
Oct 19, 2005
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Three weeks time eh ? That could be deemed as 'risking it a bit' if you choose to come over. But then lifes full of difficult choices! All said - congratulations - good times ahead.
You're always welcome in the future though.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
wow, nice to see some old friends coming out of the woodwork!
i still have some stuff for you Lord lurcher!

launditch1, you are very welcome to join us! we all enjoy sharp stuff in the woods!
good luck on the new nipper! i have 3 of my own, i wouldn't make too many plans in the near future!;) it may be better for us to meet near you at some time!

had to go to my niece's birthday party today in Kettering.....yawn long way!
when the kids weren't fighting in the back of the car i noticed alongside the A47 there are still some apple trees with apples on even the leaves had gone! very weird looking!

did a swap on the forum and got a cool book in exchange "you can survive too" sort of old school survival mixed with a fair amount of shelter and cordage skills, very interesting!

I still have christmas shopping to do, a busy day tomorrow!:(

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Right less chatter more down to earth, tasks at hand so to speak. Reading the stuff and seeing pics/films of who to do things is great, but i need to educate my cold wrinkly brain. I am wanting to continue learning knots etc, make more than just sticks from wood and I plan to do some Falconary this year too, if I can find someone locally. My colds nearly gone and Im heading of tomorrow for a walk from Claxton to Reedham, along Wherrymans way. Hopefully find somewhere suitable to camp later in the year.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Right less chatter more down to earth

:eek: Noooooo!!!!!

More chatter, please!:lmao:

I'm just off to the local woods with my son, he want's to build a "secret hideout/den "i think!:rolleyes:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
KevB Anyone intending to come on a wee wander around Dunwich on Sunday 4th or Saturday 10th?

Saturday 10th is good for me! :)

just thought of another New years resolution!

More Bushcraft!;)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi again,
Just come back from a family get together in the fenns, very cold, one of the rivers we drive alongside for miles was totally frozen over!

can't believe it apples still on the trees!
I think I'm going to be more adventurous food wise this year so if you have any bush tucker to try i may just take you up on it! (probly!:rolleyes: )

just reading a book by bear grylls, and to be fair he is a nutter, but he also comes out with alot of sense about food scavenging (no i won't eat raw zebra!)

apart from the mental stuff he does he seems to have his head screwed on!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi could we have an idea of anyone else intending to meet up next Saturday 10th, i can sort a lift from Norwich, anyone else interested?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE