Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,

I was originally in the Suffolk group. Bit dead there now and last time I really was on it a lot there was a couple of scraps and someone got banned. Needless to say I did my own thing afterwards and avoided the forum in general.

I recently moved to Norwich, just off Unthank road, but I can't drive. (which means no meets unless i have transport from someone)

I really really want to meet up with some chilled out people, sit in front of a fire have a brew up and sleep outside.
Just thought I should start here. Don't know what to do next.

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Welcome Ceryni, I'm near the train station, so if you fancy a walk about just yell. I don't drive but there's some great places by bus. Horsford is my main place I go.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Welcome aboard ceryni. All the Norfolk guys are a great bunch of lads. A laid back and approachable group. Just hope you like snails.

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, ceryni.
I think that bloke from king's lynn ok, but the rest are rum lads ☺ but they are easy to track coz there knuckles drag along the ground. think its a Norwich thing ☺

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Hi, ceryni.
I think that bloke from king's lynn ok, but the rest are rum lads ☺ but they are easy to track coz there knuckles drag along the ground. think its a Norwich thing ☺

That's rich coming from someone who has webbed feet and married his sister.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
☺ good evening young sir didn't think it would take long for a reply☺ anyway I'm a fast swimmer , and my sister's fine☺ just making the bed. Anyway How are you ? Looking forwards to seeing your bow set in action

All is good Carl. Hows yourself? I made some hand drill sets also for the next meet. I now have four Swiss Arrows so I don't have to keep walking backwards and forwards after every shot. lol. PS Was that you in the movie WaterWorld?

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
Hi, yes I was, I was the one shooting the 50cal on the barge covered in oil ☺ can't recall if it had two or four barrels. All ok this end thanks, haven't been out lately, miss the last two meeting due to work. But I have a new tarp I'm looking forward to using and some nice new tent pegs. Later mate

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,
I would like to get over to your next meet if possible.
I have just achieved hand drill fire. Elder/Clematis, Elder/Ivy. So the last few posts about hand drill kits has sparked my interest!
It would be great to see others who are doing it too.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Hi,
I would like to get over to your next meet if possible.
I have just achieved hand drill fire. Elder/Clematis, Elder/Ivy. So the last few posts about hand drill kits has sparked my interest!
It would be great to see others who are doing it too.

Hi Leigh. Well done on hand drill success. I would like to swap some lime wood for a piece of Clematis if you have any going spare.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
That would be a great swap. Can get loads of clematis but no lime about. I have an unused board which is good to use. DM me your address and I will post it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Give this one a try Leigh. it's easier than the hand drill.

[video=youtube;4QT3Ig5sij4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QT3Ig5sij4[/video]

Hi all. I work 6am - 3pm Mon-Fri until Christmas eve, when Naked Wines will decide whether or not they want to keep me employed.

Next week I start looking for jobs again.

I need some cold weather camping advice too, if it's available.

Info:
Solo, backpack one night camp, in woods. I have a permission, so I'll have a fire.
I have little kit:
2 man entry level Tent (but sturdy, not a popup or festival throw away), blanket, inflating mat, foil emergency blanket, sleeping bag, warm clothes, good boots and socks and waterproofs.
hatchet, knives, saw,
ration packs, various fire lighting things, small set of pots and gas stove. (I also have a little back-up hexi burner)
torches, a couple of light sticks, basic first aid kit
one of those green army water bottles, camel bak (might use might not)

Nearest source of fresh water will be at least 300m away.

Thanks everyone also for your friendly welcome

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Well sounds to me like you've got it covered only note would be don't put the tent to close to the fire or visa versa..

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE