Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
:(
SORRY GUY'S!:puppy_dog
I'm not feeling well, I've hurt myself after laying too much turf,
and I think it best i don't meet up tomorrow(Monday), seeing Dr tomorrow:(

:(
SORRY GUY'S!:puppy_dog
I'm not feeling well, I've hurt myself after laying too much turf,
and I think it best i don't meet up tomorrow(Monday), seeing Dr tomorrow:(

ouch you should take it easy. (especially at work)

I don't realy know whats going on monday i was hoping for some where to meet in city if not ill just go into my woods and practice some basic Bushcraft skills.

(a bit swampy in there)

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:confused: Did anyone meet up today?
It was a lovely day for it, I'm gutted as I'm pretty much housebound untill my injury subsides! I have seen Dr been sent home to rest.
I've just been a bit silly really, took on a huge job(for me) and wasn't sure if i could physically do it.
well i finished the job anyway but I'm now suffering for it

today would have been a good'n!:sigh:

I guess that means more time to make stuff like crusader cup lids etc but I'd rather be outside!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
:You_Rock_ well done mate!
see told you, you would be teaching others soon!

Rice and Hot Chocolate sounds nice! (I'm missing out!:( )

Tell us next time "you and he" are free and I'll try to meet up with you guys!

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Grrr... Stuck indoors at work today:( . At least I rode in in shorts for the first time this year:) , although it was a little frosty this morning!

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Originally Posted by Globetrotter.uk View Post
St Faiths Common Horsford, or try Lion Wood or Mousehold Health

thanks noted and will look up on google maps

just thinking St Faiths Common Horsford might be difficult to locate via google maps, as a guide aim for the bunch of 3 carparks in Horsford (you want the furthest south).

I would also urge a little caution as to exploring the area (globetrotter might be hiding there!:yelrotflm ) no but seriously, it is a big place and easy to get lost if it's your first time.
where as Lion Wood or Mousehold Health have clear borders which are all near roads, if you get lost just keep going in one direction and you'll find a fence/road to follow.
(look up "handrails" in the navigation bits in your books for a better explanation;) )

any luck with the bow glueing?
It seems to have stuck OK. I took the wrapping off this evening. I'll leave it a few more days until I bend it, just to be on the safe side.

cool :cool: i can't wait to see it in action!:You_Rock_

Snufkin

Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
It was bending pretty well before I sinewed it, so it should only take some minor tweaks to get the tiller right. Then get it to a comfortable draw weight and shoot it in. I think I'll try for about 50lbs @ 25". I'm not so good at shooting heavy bows with a reduced draw length ( I usually pull 27"). When it's up and shooting I'll take a vid.
Here's a vid of another little horsebow I made.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE