Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Sorry guys have family issues to deal with so can't make it. Can someone take care of Saturday lunch.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just got back. I built a new oven out of food grade stainless with a top hung door and I'm real proud of the friction door closers I remembered from somewhere, made them up and welded them on. Works brill and the door stays closed at all temps. Jacket spuds and baked onions were brill ( not burnt like putting them in the embers ;) ) The onions took about hour and the potatoes 2 hours. The shelf in the bottom keeps the food off the base so it doesn't burn when stood over the fire. reckon it would work brill from convected heat when stood beside the fire (must try that next meet)

The Loo (or the means to make one)

Bannock was good - Cinnamon and Raisin handmade and cooked by Damascus

Snozzers went down well

The ashes were very few on Saturday morning
Any idea what this long line and clip are for?

It's to put It's for the dog on so he can get about.
No photo's of Sunday as it lashed down with rain and mega winds all Saturday night and Sunday morning. All gear nice and dry and packed away until the next day out - next Thursday
Good relaxing weekend dudes. Even if I did forget by bedding (Cheers for the blanket Dave ....I also love thermals now he he :rofl:)

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Nice photo's Kev, good to see Rick, long way to come.

really enjoyed a chilled out weekend, the oven worked a treat, we'll have to do the turkey in it for Xmas.

the clip on the line is for Stan to run loose, running free the farm would be too small to hold Stan, ha ha

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
It is coming to that time of year, sleeps to Santa, well the most exciting one is here the big cook out, we now have an oven, courtesy of our Kev, it works a dream too.

so 14th of December, once we get numbers we can look at food, for this sumptuous feast.

i will start the ball rolling
Damascus................?
:christmas2::christmas2:The race is on!

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
It is coming to that time of year, sleeps to Santa, well the most exciting one is here the big cook out, we now have an oven, courtesy of our Kev, it works a dream too.

so 14th of December, once we get numbers we can look at food, for this sumptuous feast.

i will start the ball rolling
Damascus................?
:christmas2::christmas2:The race is on!

Is this a one nighter? or are you guys meeting up on the Friday night, as its a bit far for just a one nighter for me?

Thanks

Rick

73 ES GUD DX OM DE M0ZAV

PS Would also like to try the 48Hr RAT PACK challenge as posted on another thread. do you know where we could get some and try, bring back old memorries etc and good fun

Last edited:

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Planning a jan/feb, weekender, depends on my intermediate licence, as soon as I know the dates I will arrange so watch this space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE