Nordic themed buck saw. finished.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
My Nordic themed buck saw is finally finished,mind you at one point it looked unlikely as i mangled 3 fingers of my left hand in a circular saw! lots of swearing and blood,90mg of codeine later i am back at the project and completed it one handed which was a challenge!

heres some pics of the finished buck saw,made from local oak :

DSC04911 by fishfish_01, on Flickr

sea serpent figurehead close up. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

sea serpent head. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

turned tension peg. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

middle bar carved as a harpoon. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

Antler and brass securing pins. by fishfish_01, on Flickr

If you are interested in seeing it in the flesh so to speak it will be at the next bush farm meet up at the end of the month.

thanks for looking.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A good few years ago now I ran a "build a bucksaw" competition on here. I'm pretty sure that would have won!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That is just soooooooooooooo cool! I really like everything about that one, fine work indeed...............atb mac

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I feel your pain with the circular saw. Never mangled mine, but seen it done, not a nice injury. Hope you mend well.

Now, as for the saw.... That's museum quality my friend, but to complete it after an injury like yours, using only one hand.... Well that's just showing off! Seriously though, it shows your skill and grit. Huge respect.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::beer:

touched by nature

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Beautiful work, loving the tongues on the dragons:D. Hope your your hands heal quickly and relatively scar free. Speedy recovery mate, I feel your pain and inconvenience

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
thanks for the positive comments,the fingers are sore but as long as i dont get infection itll be ok. so what do i make next? lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE