Nitecore customer service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Hi just after a little feedback.ive got a fault on my d20 n have just emailed them regarding this.so I was just wondering whether anyone had any positive dealings with them

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Do you mean Nitecore in the UK or Nitecore China?
If your torch is under a year old and purchased in the UK you should contact the seller under the sale of goods act.
From what I have read on torch forums, Nitecore China will repair but you will have to pay postage, which sometimes isn't worth while. The turn around can be many weeks, including posting time.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
It won't stay on when you press the button it just flashes also it has a dim option when the button was heald on which isn't working.their seems too be a very small amount of white crud inside I think their May have been a slight battery leak.is their some way I can ckean this out it might solve the problem?

GST138

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2007
North Yorks
I have the smaller brother the d10. A couple of times I have had issues with it not ramping or not turning on. My first port of call tends to be the brass contact ring in the head. Make sure it is clean, and it is almost like a spring split ring. Go around the circumference and lightly make sure it is springy all the way round. Not saying this will sort yours but it works for me.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
I have the smaller brother the d10. A couple of times I have had issues with it not ramping or not turning on. My first port of call tends to be the brass contact ring in the head. Make sure it is clean, and it is almost like a spring split ring. Go around the circumference and lightly make sure it is springy all the way round. Not saying this will sort yours but it works for me.

Thanks for your advice I have managed too get it working again by adjusting the length of the tube which holds the batteries in.the plunger button pushes this tube up snd down n it wasn't sticking out of the end enough.ive just got too get the white crud off now.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Glad you got it working.

Next step to stop it ever happening again. I would guess you are suing std alkaline batteries as you have written about white crud and leaking cell?

NEVER use alkaline batteries in torches that you want to keep, they will leak and destroy your torch! Invest in some good quality rechargeable AAs and a charger. I would strongly suggest using Sanyo Eneloops.

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Glad you got it working.

Next step to stop it ever happening again. I would guess you are suing std alkaline batteries as you have written about white crud and leaking cell?

NEVER use alkaline batteries in torches that you want to keep, they will leak and destroy your torch! Invest in some good quality rechargeable AAs and a charger. I would strongly suggest using Sanyo Eneloops.

Yep a lesson learnt their I think. I was actually pricing up some enelooos last night.you don't happen too know the best way too clean this white crud off do you?will leaving it on further damage the torch or could I let it come off in its own over time

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE