Nice weekend away

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got home a few hours ago from a really nice weekend camp with a good friend.

Situated about eight miles from Sennybridge which borders the edge of the Brecon Beacon National Park, it was a true pleasure to stay there and I'm sure many other trips will follow and I'll be making Sloe Gin from the berries I picked which were in abundance.

Old fashioned camping at its best, open fire for main meals and a 111T for brews, really, really nice.

DSCF4328Small.jpg

DSCF4330Small.jpg

DSCF4334Small.jpg

DSCF4335Small.jpg

DSCF4336Small.jpg

DSCF4337Small.jpg

DSCF4341Small.jpg

DSCF4342Small.jpg

DSCF4344Small.jpg

DSCF4346Small.jpg

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Thanks Rich,
I realy had a good time, thanks for supplying all the kit, the tents, food and everything else looking forward to the next one.
Hope you enjoyed the foraging for wild foods, sloes, burdock, mint, blackberrys, hazelnuts and rosehips.
Cheers mate

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Great pictures of a lovely site. Any fish in that pretty little stream? Thanks for sharing, it makes me want to get out of the house.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great pictures of a lovely site. Any fish in that pretty little stream? Thanks for sharing, it makes me want to get out of the house.

Lots and lots of brown trout jumping.

My thanks to Nigel for getting permission of the land owner to use the area, can't wait to go back in a few weeks time and winter should be really good.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Looks a nice spot :)

What's the little teepee tent? it looks like it's got a 'proper' inner to it?

Spot on John, Golite Hex 3 and nest inner (now called the Golite Shangri-La 3). Fantastic tent, but the weekend really hit home my need for a walk-in tent due to buggered knees so I'm getting a Vango Juno 800 and a fold up camp bed :(

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Didn't realise the nest had a zip-around door like that...I've got a hex-3 in "see-it-for-miles" lime green.. much prefer the colour of yours though..

Never did get round to getting a nest for it... probably can't now.. wonder if the Shangri-La one will fit?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Didn't realise the nest had a zip-around door like that...I've got a hex-3 in "see-it-for-miles" lime green.. much prefer the colour of yours though..

Never did get round to getting a nest for it... probably can't now.. wonder if the Shangri-La one will fit?

Yep, it will :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Lovely looking place you've found there Rik.

Can anyone else see a tall grey haired bloke in DPM stood next to the box of Stella on the first pic ?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Ayeee! Sennybridge! Your bit looks lovely but the last time I was operating in that area was on exercise and it was 'orrible!

Some of the army lot are not as tidy as they used to be, walk around their old spots and you'll find all sorts, socks, rat pack meals, even a basha :(

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ayeee! Sennybridge! Your bit looks lovely but the last time I was operating in that area was on exercise and it was 'orrible!

My thoughts exactly! How on earth can you put Sennybridge and true pleasure in the same sentence?! :confused: :eek:

And an open fire Rik, shame on you! :lmao:

I know what you mean about the Hex. I love mine, will never give it up (for a while at least!) but this weekend just gone in a Bison Tundra 4 with a (not so well fabricated) Bison Stove was a pleasure! Unlike bloody Sennybridge Torture Area! :lmao:

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
are there any/no heating options for the hex/shangri-la then spam/rich. (with or without mods to tent)

i've been looking at these a while myself, thinking i could use it in summer and try and drag the daughter along and it would be warmer in winter ?, but without any form of stove/heater in them how much warmer would they be than a bivi or hammock/underblanket.

don't know weather i would get as much use from it as i am convincing myself i would.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE