Nice thick blankets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Does anyone know where I can get hold of a good old-fashioned thick woolen blanket? It's getting to the time of year where I don't want to use a sleeping bag, so I'd like to get myself a decent blanket that'll be good for summer, yet still keep me warm on a chilly night.

Any suggestions?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
D'you mean plain thick pure wool ones, not fancy throws? If so, I spoke with a man yesterday evening who has a pile of them for sale, £5 for single and under a tenner for a double he said. He also has wolf, bear and seal skins for sale......with all of the necessary licences. I did suggest he joined bcuk 'cos I reckoned some would find his stuff very interesting :D If he doesn't I can find his e-mail address for interested parties :)

Cheers,
Toddy

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
Thanks a lot, everyone; I'll especially consider buying the one from Bearclaw as I was planning to buy a set of billy cans from there anyway; I hadn't thought to look at blankets there, but those certainly seem big and warm enough!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I got one from surplus and adventure and I think it's the same as the ones bearclaw sells. I slept out in it using my basha as a hammock... other than the wood ants biting, it was a nice nights sleep.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE