Nice looking 50l rucksack...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
A good example of kit not having to cost the earth to do the job. I know it hasn't been tested by a hardy 'crafter but I imagine for a bimble in the woods or some hiking and overnighting it would cut the mustard.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I had a punt on this, and recieved mine in the post today.

First impressions. Very well made. Possibly over engineered, ie padded pockets. I'm liking the back adjust, although I've not spent time with fitting it to my back yet, but think there's enough give to accomodate 6'. The zip from the outer front pouch into the main compartment I wouldn't need and probably could do without. The storm cover is sown into the lid pocket, which I'll probably unstitch at some point, as I would use a poncho to do the same job. The pockets are two square one side (padded) and one long the other. I quite like this configuration, but haven't planned how I'll load this pack out yet. I have the same thoughts about the large front pocket.

20 quid? plus £7.95 postage (I went with next day for the extra 2 pounds). Yeah, this is a good pack for the price and am looking forward to giving it some abuse.

Good find. Thanks.

Last edited:

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Glad you like Hetzen, as I was impressed when I received it. The abuse your looking forward to giving it, I honestly believe it will stand up to every bit of it.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
It arrived! I will post a full picture set with load out later. But first impressions are:

On the negative side it's no fly weight, I wouldn't take this on a long trek - Ideal for a one or two night jaunt in the woods tho'

On the positive side, this thing appears to be bombproof - lots of pockets, hardwearing, plenty of intelligent space. And I don't have a poncho so the integrated cover is a real plus for me. Love the pocket on the belt and the fact I can access the main compartment form the front means you don't have to get everything out to get at something at the bottom of the pack. The base is waterproof and reinforced with rubber feet so should sit in a puddle without too much issue if set down in one by accident.

For £20 this is amazing value - used to sell for around £40!

So far very happy, am using it in anger this weekend so expect more info.

mikergj

Tenderfoot
Feb 5, 2011
Oxford
Took this bag out for the first time today and I am still very impressed with it, cant believe it cost me £19.99.

I had a fair weight in it and walked ten miles round the wychwood forest and did not have any problems. I need really to get my scales of a mate and I could let you know what weight I did have in it. But I can say I found it a very comfortable bag.

Mike

bearman

Jul 18, 2010
kent
I use a lot of TF gear when i'm carp fishing, i've always found it incredibly inexpensive and does the job as well as much more expensive kit! great buy!!

duncwilson

Feb 27, 2011
uk
www.headtorch.co.uk
You might say that at £19.99 this is a bargain but will it last ?? I bought a karrimor hot earth 50L rucksack 25 years ago and it is STILL going strong - always buy the best brand name !

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
You might say that at £19.99 this is a bargain but will it last ?? I bought a karrimor hot earth 50L rucksack 25 years ago and it is STILL going strong - always buy the best brand name !

It's a good brand name in fishing circles - but brand names are no guarantee of quality. However this one is very well made.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE