Nice big cauldron

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
cheers mate - I'll find out in the next few days how tidy the weld is (when I finally pluck the courage) and about the inner coating. I haven't got a sand blaster - I'm more hoping that the thought of all the money I'll be saving will keep up my strength with the sand paper, maybe not with the bow one where it won't matter, more with the other six that I was given by a local machanic - if it does'nt rain it pours.

J

John Burton

Thanks Wayland and all for your info. I've a couple of large gas bottles kicking around, so I may just give it a go. Thanks for the pictures.

Mr_Yarrow

Forager
May 16, 2005
UK, Hertfordshire
Wayland,

Quick Q, where do you get your bottles from? everywhere around me charges a fortune for the bottle as a deposit and you take ti back for recycling. as such you never see them dumped or scrapped.

I am right in thinking your talking about the gas bottles you use in a caravan, or gas BBQ etc?

Ta

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Mr_Yarrow said:
Wayland,

Quick Q, where do you get your bottles from? everywhere around me charges a fortune for the bottle as a deposit and you take ti back for recycling. as such you never see them dumped or scrapped.

I am right in thinking your talking about the gas bottles you use in a caravan, or gas BBQ etc?

Ta
Try your local rubbish tip, there are usually loads hanging around. :D

A

anonymous_traveller

good pointer about the gas cylinders is after you took the reg off the top , fill it full of water - this will displace any latent gas pockets - then let rip with the grinder!!

if you cut the handles of the top of the bottle and cut a 4 inch hole in top of bottle and cut square hole on front, weld two hinges on it ,youve got a nifty little log burner.........

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
not to contradict anyone but ive been making fires from gas bottles for a few years with the valve removed and left outside for over 3 months theres still enuf gas soacked in to the metal to ignite at the valve opening if you take the rain water out and let them dry.
i get empty ones from a scrap yard they dont even bother charging me anymore,remember the bottles are not your property ever.
is ther an explanation of how to ad pics to this site or can ed maybe ad them to a post i make if i email them to him ? cheers

for instance ide like to put my pic in as a sig but have no idea how, pics are at this site.
faceparty.com/threewheels

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE