NI Patrol Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Nice to see that the douche bag won't be able to rip any one off any more here. Stay alert though people, the next newbie could be him signing back up as another user.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
I think if your banned properly it's your IP addy that gets banned so it's not just a matter of signing up again.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd like to think so, but it does happen that people drop back in and it gets missed. Let's just say that people need to be a bit more cautious (sp?) as it seems people have found us in our nice little hidey hole and are willing to take advantage.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
I think the vast majority out there are honest and dare say proud of what they produce and sell, to to stop a person selling by the amount of posts he has sent is rather near sighted.

I have been a member for sometime and only sent about 80 posts, why I've not always had anything to say and I am sure on this point I am not alone.

If rules are to be made lets think hard and don't do a govement special and have some knee jerk law passed for ever to be regretted because it wasn't thought through properly.

Thus ended my two pennies worth:soapbox:

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Hear hear. I think the system works fine. On the few occasions it seem to have happened it's been very clear.

RB got taken for a ride once and pm'd me when I was about to enter a deal with the same guy to explain what had happened.

Can we just look out for each other? Leave it as it is please.

If I'm going on a rant: I don't believe anyone should be looking for BCUK to 'look after' us. If we press this website and it's host to become a more protected circle, it becomes a tighter circle and less open to new people joining it. Why shouldn't someone new be able to join in and get stuck in? BCUK has the right approach in allowing us a portal to do things. Just cos we can't do it properly 100% of the time doesn't mean they should change it.

We could just realise that life carries risks and understand that try as they might, things my not always smell of roses.

I think it's time we all gathered a little responsibility and looked at all the posts in trade threads raving about the goods and traders on here. Move your eyes away from one man, who may very well get run over by karma on boxing day.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I vote for personal responsibility!
If I enter a totaly unsecured transaction it is my choice and my responsibility if things go t*ts up on me.
I did have one swap that seemed to go bad with me sending off my goods to a site member and nothing arriving. The fellow who was sending me the goods claimed that they had been sent and I put it down to the good old PO stuffing us all again.
Next thing I know REPLACEMENT goods come through the door.
The other guy had taken the responsibility to make sure that the swap went well, despite the PO, and was happier to be out of pocket than seem to be a bad swapster.
Full marks to him - and I would hope that other swappsters would take this line.
If a swap does go bad on you (and how rare is that) I hope people would shrug it off and take the responsibility to then warn others, so the ratfink does not have the oportunity to repeat the rippoff!
If the culprit can be found and the errors of their ways pointed out to them in a calm, loving and peacable way then some much the better.

Especially if you have learned how to be calm, loving and peacable when taking personal responsibility for kicking seven shades of manure out of a piece of thieving slime!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE