Newbie saying Hello

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello. There, I've said it.

If you want to know something about me, I'm a thirty something IT guy with a 3 year old girl and a one week old boy. I've been going camping regularly since I was less than a year old. I did quite a bit of climbing and walking with my parents in my teens, then moved away from it a bit, just doing some hill walking a few times a year when on holiday etc through my twenties. I've now got keen on open canoeing (I am Happybunny over at songofthepaddle.co.uk too, where I don't post anywhere near often enough - where does all the time go...) and this is leading me into more bushcraft-ey stuff, hence joining here.

I am comfortable being outdoors and in fairly wild places, but I'm keen to learn more bushcraft skills, and to find opportunities to spend some nights under the stars with my family - Jasmine would be ready now, Zach will have to wait somewhat longer before he is ready for tarps and hammocks...

This said, I really hope I can find time and energy to get along to some of the bushcraft meets that look like they happen in the North West of England during this year, and I also hope I might find somewhere not too far away where I can go now and then and have some time around a campfire with my wife and kids.

I can see that bushcraft is something that can really take over your life (in a good way) and I suspect that I'll only ever be a beginner, but you all seem very welcoming, and we have our family eye on a few nights on the islands in Loch Awe in summer 2008, and I'm looking forward to getting in some practice.

All advice always welcome :)

Ben

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Hello, Congratulations on the New Baby :)

I had my youngest out camping when she was just a few weeks old, much more transportable at that stage.

And yes I had noticed you hadn't posted much on SotP for a while :rolleyes: ;) . I know what you mean about time.

Welcome again this is a great site.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
happybunny said:
I can see that bushcraft is something that can really take over your life

i see you've been talking to my misses then :D

welcome aboard m8t, great bunch of lads here, don't be afraid to ask anything and everything, i know i have :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE