Newbie Jacket Recommendation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BoDuke

Apr 9, 2012
Plymouth
Sorry if there have been loads of questions about this. I live near Dartmoor and spend a lot of time out and about on the moors and in the local woods and my old Berghaus jacket is tired and needs replacing.

I'm looking for something that will keep me dry in extreme conditions on open moorland but is robust enough for use in woods and brambles as I will also be doing a bit of beating on a local shoot.

Is there anything that anyone could recommend, be it surplus or other that is good quality and won't leak? Thanks in advance for your help.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
I got myself a waxed cotton stockman jacket off fleabay a few years back and has never let water in even in the worst weather plus being a long jacket only my ankles are at risk during a downpour. :umbrella:

Hamster

BoDuke

Apr 9, 2012
Plymouth
Thanks chaps. I didn't think of a waxed jacket, but will have a look and see. Was thinking more of a Hunting jacket or military jacket but waxed jacket sounds good.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
If you run hot fella, cut the cotton lining out, you will sweat less and your light weight oilskin will then roll or pack down small.
Great over wool!
Let us know what you go for!
My best.
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE