New Zebra 14cm Billy Can "LunchBox".

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Picked up THIS today from Becketts of Norwich.

Great little tin. Has a pan handle rather than a loop handle. The pan handle fold over the top too and is secured via an over-centre latch, so everything is "noice 'n toight" when in transit. It also has two handles on the top so it can also be suspended above the fire like a normal billy can.

It isnt too deep, which is why I'm not a big fan of normal Billys. It has a great dish with it which I may drill a few holes in for steaming. ;) (I'm full of ideas.) :eek:

I hope to try it out over my trangia with homemade pot stand and then over a fire this weekend.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
How tall is this? difficult to tell from the picture and it doesn't state it on their site.....................atb mac

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Wow, I've never seen one of those stoves before. I've searched the Wild Stoves website and can't seem to find any mention of it's height when folded up. If any of you kind gents own one, i'd be greatful if you could measure it for me. :)

The Zebra pot is around 8cm deep.

Jake,

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Wow, I've never seen one of those stoves before. I've searched the Wild Stoves website and can't seem to find any mention of it's height when folded up. If any of you kind gents own one, i'd be greatful if you could measure it for me. :)

The Zebra pot is around 8cm deep.

Jake,

The stove is a touch under 7cm tall when packed....... Hmmm looks like I need one of these cans now.

touched by nature

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Great, looks like I'm gunna need a stove.

How well do they perform in the wind?

Thanks

In a breeze burning a mixture of ash and seasoned willow.
epazagap.jpg

I used mine in fairly strong winds over the weekend in Thirsk, I used a cheap go outdoors folding wind shield. No issues, in fact it was probably overkill.

touched by nature

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE