New Year's Resolutions!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woodlark

Oct 18, 2006
Surrey, UK
I thought that this might be a fun thing to share! What are your bushcrafty New Years Resolutions?
I've got two:
to try a new wild food recipe once a week (last years was once a month - and very successful!).
Also, I'm intrigued by the Celtic Tree Calendar and intend to celebrate this a bit more openly. It all seems to make a lot of sense to me!!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
to get out at least once a month (aswell as volunteering) and get back into regular gigging! been waning a bit this year so i need to get out again and play more :D

1 Finally pass driving licence test
2 Camp out for more than just one nighters
3 find a job that inspires me(kinda ties in with no.1 as there is jigger all public transport where i live so need own transport for work)
4 get out every month for camping (so far i have managed from september this year so it should be achieveable.)
Sam

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
The best resolution I ever made was about 3 years ago when I resolved to admit immediately when I couldn't remember someone's name or face - has really helped me, and when I tell them my memory for faces is so awful I had to make the resolution, they always understand.

This year's isn't bushcrafty, but will help me when I'm out - I need to lose 4 stone by June when I'm cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End...

Fizzlebang

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2009
Surrey
I have just volunteered to be an explorer scout leader so my resolution is to learn enough to have something to show a bunch of teens and maybe, just maybe spark some interest with them

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
The best resolution I ever made was about 3 years ago when I resolved to admit immediately when I couldn't remember someone's name or face - has really helped me, and when I tell them my memory for faces is so awful I had to make the resolution, they always understand.

This year's isn't bushcrafty, but will help me when I'm out - I need to lose 4 stone by June when I'm cycling from John O'Groats to Lands End...

Glad to see i'm not the only one with this issue, if you show me a face i'll recognise it instantly but i can't for the life of me associate names with said face. its like some weird disease.
i always make a point to apologise to people because i'm horrid with names.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am carp with names!
I always cover it by saying....I have forgotten your name....if they give their first name I say "no I recall that - whats your surname!" if they give their surname its the other way round ..if they give their webname I say "no - your real name" if they give their full name then its "no - your webname!"
Works once and then I have a chance to remember it for real! :D

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'm going to Cycle the artemis100, relearn to fly fish, get better at playing bass and produce more music.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Ooh additional resolution, stop messing around and have a word with my m8 about recording some of my stuff. really is about time i sorted that.

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
To do what I did this year : eight months working, four months (summer) canoeing / bushcraft / hill-walking / touring abroad. I suspect I'll never have such a combination again.....

NS

Last edited:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Make less, do more.

Sometimes making is a surrogate for actually getting out and using the stuff. This year I've had no chances, next year I need to make some.

Of course I move jobs, move house and my kids have their 4, 3 and 1st birthdays so how many chances I actually make remains to be seen!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
To get out a lot more, to get better at carving bits and pieces, to brush up my plant knowledge and to carry less when I'm out and about.

I think that's about it, except for really trying to follow the resolutions I make!:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE