New Years challenge/resolutions for 2014

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
While it might appear premature I'm Not really into the whole New Years resolutions thing. I prefer to set myself yearly personal challenges.

my personal challenge for 2013 was to get out walking In the hills at least once a month. Which I just about managed.....helps to live and work in the hills of North Ayrshire so not a really difficult challenge I guess.

Anyway....got to thinking about next years challenge. I'm thinking at least one camping trip or over nighter a month.

Any one else got a challenge/ resolution they'd like to share?

Orric

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I'd like to walk up Ben nevis, and/ or do the spey way and/ or walk along the caladonian canal. I doubt I'll get enough time to do the three...

One thing I have always wanted to do is walk along the leeds - liverpool canal, not quite sure why though??

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I'm thinking at least one camping trip or over nighter a month.

Orric

This was mine last year and i missed one month due to working away, went out twice the month after so made up for it but I felt cheated lol.

This year i will be walking the Hadrian's wall trail, I also plan on building my own canoe from a kit, and learning how to paddle it.

I intend to lose an unspecified amount of weight this year too, more about being able to do more than anything else.

All round be a better version of myself lol

Good luck with your challenge mate, we expect regular reports lol

Dave

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Hadrians wall is a nice walk [I went from carlise train station to newcastle - so not the entire route :)] can be busy on the bits which still have wall. Nice youth hostel at greenhead but IIRC if you go on the trail a little there is a castle/ tower type ruin which would have been good for a camp.

greensurfingbear

This was mine last year and i missed one month due to working away, went out twice the month after so made up for it but I felt cheated lol.

This year i will be walking the Hadrian's wall trail, I also plan on building my own canoe from a kit, and learning how to paddle it.

I intend to lose an unspecified amount of weight this year too, more about being able to do more than anything else.

All round be a better version of myself lol

Good luck with your challenge mate, we expect regular reports lol

Dave

I used to be one of the rangers who managed the section of hadrians way that passes through Newcastle city council area. It was certainly a challenge looking after it lol.

Never walked the full length. In fact I've never completed any of the long distance trails in the UK. Should do really as the west highland way isn't to far away for me now.

Orric

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I managed to get out each month for a couple of years but this year has been quiet due to other commitments, it wasn't a resolution as such, more the result of having a moan to the wife after being grumpy between trips :)

I'd like to do the Cape Wrath trail next year sometime, I also want to spend a week on Loch Maree before or after midge season, Id like to do a fast & light WHW trip too just for a laugh, lots to do and never enough time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Resolutions? Ah but why change perfection?;)

I think next year I'd like to be patched up enough to get back to work and to capitalise on my improved health by continuing to get out more.

Used to try and get camping at least once a month, but real life ends up getting in the way. Would like to get back to that.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
To shrink my kit and develop more of a reliance on my own knowledge and skills than the kit itself. Less "all the gear and no idea" and more practical application of knowledge and use of skills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE