New Year Sales & Discounts

N

Nomad

Same with Sports Direct. A sign in their shop said that their 'liquidation sale' isn't a closing down sale, but an offloading of lots of excess kit after they spent a few million buying the stock from JJB Sports, who did close down. Ends in January, the sign said, which I take to be the end of the month.

Speaking of bergens, I ordered a Karrimor Sabre 75 from them today for 145 quid - best price I could find anywhere.

Also got a Karrimor wash kit pouch and 'giant' fleece towel for half price (8 quid and 10 quid) at the local shop (they didn't have the Sabre 75 in stock). The wash kit pouch looks pretty good - solid plasticy material, with a little mirror and a dangler thingy (and it will do nicely for business travel as well).

N

Nomad

Well, my order with Sports Direct isn't going as well as I'd hoped (or was led to believe, more to the point). The web site says that, for next day shipping (which I chose), they dispatch same day if you order before 4pm. Also says that, when dispatched, they send you an email with the tracking info (link to courier's site and tracking number).

I placed my order on Thursday at 12:37. By Friday morning, the order info page on their site still said 'Ready for dispatch'. I sent two emails Friday morning, one via the contact us page, and one later on, direct to customer services, asking why it hadn't been dispatched. Neither has been answered. I was considering cancelling the order this evening when the order info page changed to 'With courier' at around 6pm. I still haven't had an email with the tracking info. (My email address is correct - they sent an order confirmation email right after the order was placed.)

So, so far, they dispatched 24 hours late, ignored my enquiries as to why, and haven't provided any tracking info. I'll wait until the morning to see if the payment appears on the credit card (nothing yet).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE