New Year meet in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Just before i left on tuesday i was speaking to a wood cutter and, he said that they were thinning out at the top of the hill (left of the carpark as you come up from the site) to allow the Scots pine a chance to grow,so there would be a supply of cut wood there just for the taking.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
dont pannic found a great source for fire wood a few hundred yards down the road im sure i could keep us sorted for fire wood as always :D but i need a bigger bow saw lol :lmao:

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
yeh im a bit bad at saying how far things are cause if i tell you how far it realy is then i might not get a hand :eek:
:eek:
Graham_S said:
"up the hill" turned out to be quite a distance. unless he discovered a secret stash somewhere.
we were going quite far afield to find felled wood at the end.

windward

Forager
Sep 28, 2006
Edinburgh
Hi everyone,

New to this site, which I have to say is great. I see most of the replies on here are all from Scotland regarding the possible meeting at new year somewhere. Do you have many meets around here over the winter period? I'm based in Edinburgh. Would be interested chatting to anyone who's looking to do some winter camping.

Vince

B

bushyboo

Hi can i come along to your new year meet ( if the dates work with holidays off work ) would have loved to go to the loch achray meet but i had other comitments , cant wait to meet some of the people from this site and maybe learn a thing or two if anybody is willing to teach

cheers
Gordon :You_Rock_

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Vince and Gordon - I can safely say that you would be very welcome.

The recent Achray meet was, IIRC, the 5th Scottish meet, and they just keep getting better and better.

Hopefully we can sort out a venue and dates for a winter meet, and I expect there will be a further meet in the spring.

Jul 13, 2006
Lancashire
Met some of you on the last Achray meet via the SOTP site, and enjoyed myself so much thought I'd join so I don't miss out on any of the fun!

If this meet is over a weekend I'd be up for it...

Jac

David B

May 12, 2006
Tadcaster North Yorks
warthog1981 said:
yeh im a bit bad at saying how far things are cause if i tell you how far it realy is then i might not get a hand :eek:
:eek:

You said it was just up the hill, What you did not say was which hill it was just up ;)

Any way as Magikelly said to me at Achray "Have Canoe Will Travel" so I would definatley be up for another trip north of the border.

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Stuart is checking if the Loch Achray site would be available. He thinks it unlikely but is checking anyway.

However there are a few more youth camps we can use just outside Aberfoyle and these are similar. Wooded with flat areas for tents and plenty trees for hammocks. Down side is still no toilets and there is only a small river running by (not big enough for canoes)

Ryan Woods

Nomad
May 20, 2005
Where my bergan is
I'd be interested! Aslong as it before the 5th of Jan... be great. Stirling would be best for me.... but any site will be fab.

Any plans on celebratin new year with a couple of bushcrafters in Scotland's yard? :D That would be magnificent!!

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
I have heard from Stuart and the Loch Achray site IS available. There may be felling work taking place but it will be at the entrance and well away from us and the camp site.

I'll leave it up to you to sort out a date. Then I will make an executive decision.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Unfortunately I have to work between Xmas and New Year.

Friday 29th Dec to Sun 31st Dec would be best for me. I daresay some would want to stay out over Hogmanay - don't know if the FC would have a view on this? I would hope it would be ok given our good record.

The other options are on the weekdays between Boxing day and Sat 30th - not good for me but might be better for others.

Or the weekend of 6th/7th Jan if a post-festive meet is desired.

Any views?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE