New Ventile coat. Opinions wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
The harrying of the north, huh?

Oh yes, when william the conquerer had taken over everywhere else, yorkshire folk told him where to get off, and he starved us.

Thats a pretty good representation of yorkshirefolk. Even today.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Mmm, Had second thoughts about this jacket. With a thin merino layer underneath, your sweat builds up in the cotton liner, and the arms and bottom half of the jacket are lke a nylon material. So it keeps the sweat in.

So i cut the liner out. And its taped just about every where. Talk about over engineered. This is an old jacket, probably 20 years old, but appears to have never been worn, or hardly at all. Its even got a rubber sheet taped over the shoulders, which would just impede any h2o transfer, or breathability.

I might post some photos later. After Ive fixed it.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You can see the nylon arms i cut out along with the cotton and nylon liner.

But just look at how much tape there is! The tape is solid on. Stitched and glued. So I guess thats staying in there...

IMG_0706_zpslagyua0h.jpg

Good thing is, its got another zip so i can zip in my 400g woolpower as a fleece.

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I've had one for years. It doesn't have the same liner as yours, mine has a mesh.

716DC1D4-9516-4CC5-B0F8-3EBFE48160FB_zpsjmuvscjf.jpg

I've not had a problem with ventilation and it's been pretty waterproof. It fails when rucksack straps are moving on your shoulders or in several hours of heavy rain

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE