coat help. sorry!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Evening kind people sorry to repeat a common question but i currently have loads of styles of coats from heavy woolrich jacket to full waterproofs and others many of which i dont wear because they feel too coat like heavy.
So what im after is something like the style ofnthe fjalraven greenland but apparently there useless in the rain or the ventile keela or even a barbour wax jacket but possbly a bit heavy so nothing modern but must have two decent pockets for dog bits be wind and waterproofish and tough thorn proof.
Thanks alot any ideas

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I don't believe the Greenland is rubbish in the rain, wear something under it that will wick and wax it properly. I wax mine lightly after a wash in the spring, and then thicken it in the late autumn. This is the annual process unless it gets covered in blood or mud.

I love this jacket but I do have a Ridgeline for really nasty weather.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
it does look good southey nice and simple you will have to let us no if you get one mate.
dougster the greenland for me is perfect the layout styling etc but iv never known a material gets such mixed reviews, some say its ok in the rain some say its useless some say its hardwearing some say it rips easily. i had my finger hovering over the ad to basket button last night!

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Prices on the South African stuff look good, thats if i've got the exchange rates right. Southey, what does your friend say the sizings are like ?.

Rob

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Good ol' M65 Parka.....

There's a thread about it somewhere....and only £85......(ebay..new)

I am tempted with the m65 i think there only 50% cotton now though so just hope there as solid as the old made in tennesee.
iv seen a few contenders but non seem to tick all the boxes for what im after. Il keep trawling

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What size are you Vizsla? I know somebody who's got a brand new Country Innovations Kestrel smock in XL which he wants to sell after losing a load of weight.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE