New toys

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys,

Thought I'd do a brief, and I mean brief, review of a few new bits I have bought recently.

First up is a neck knife from our very own driftwoodwalker who is both a pleasure to deal with and makes absolutely stunning blades.

4d607d74-c7a5-7608.jpg

4d607d74-c7ba-84e9.jpg

4d607d74-c7e4-561f.jpg

After doing the deal (which he kindly held the knife for me for over a week in anticipation of payday) it arrived next day in a beautiful looking sheath which I have butchered by adding bright green paracord.
To say I was impressed is an understatement, it handles very well and cuts like a dream. The attention to detail from the file work to the bolsters is superb.
Have shaved a mini fire stick to show how fine it will cut.

4d607d74-c8ee-a834.jpg

4d607d74-c900-410c.jpg

Next up is an enzo pk70 which I had been lusting after for a while.
As a sub 3" non locker this is now my edc and I am again very please with it.

4d607d74-c959-ab0a.jpg

4d607d74-c964-d6a1.jpg

It cuts and handles very well and the edge is super easy to maintain with its full Scandi grind.
My only complaint is the pocket clip which digs into my palm a bit after prolonged use.
It's help in place by 2 star shaped posi drive screws which do far I have not been able to find anything to fired undo! :(

Lastly I but the bullet and ordered a Ben orford small spoon knife.
There have been many reviews on here of ben's ad other "premium" spoon knives so I won't go into detail but having used only a mora previously the difference was both apparent and instant, imagine the difference between a butter knife and a woodlore and you will get the idea.

4d607d74-cac0-a38e.jpg

4d607d74-cad8-03ec.jpg

Anyway I put all three together this morning in the sunshine and have produced an almost finished spoon which was a joy to my because of the tools I was using.

4d607d74-cb48-f9e8.jpg

4d607d74-cb73-9605.jpg

4d607d74-cb96-b71a.jpg

Anyway hope you liked them and would highly recommend any of the above, no affiliation to any of the manufacturers just a very happy customer! :)

Cheers, Hamster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Nice set there! I have one of driftwoodwalkers neckers and it's an amazing little knife. Must say I've had an eye on bens crook knives for a while as well.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Nice set there! I have one of driftwoodwalkers neckers and it's an amazing little knife. Must say I've had an eye on bens crook knives for a while as well.

Honestly i ummed and erred for ages thinking how much better can it be?

If u can justify the purchase get one I genuinely can't describe how much better it is that the mora I usually use, confidence level has now jumped through the roof when using it and my carving seems to have improved as a result. :)

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Honestly i ummed and erred for ages thinking how much better can it be?

If u can justify the purchase get one I genuinely can't describe how much better it is that the mora I usually use, confidence level has now jumped through the roof when using it and my carving seems to have improved as a result. :)
It is quite an eye opening difference when you use a decent spoon knife.
I took the clip off my pk70 as I find them irritating. A pocket knife is best kept in pockets. IMO.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE