New to all this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 12, 2006
sunderland
Hello

I am a complete novice to all this and would love to learn some new skills, is there any ladies out there??

Any advice from you lot on a nice beginners course, I have a week off in May and want to get out doors. As im not fit (but I do move lol) and im at a lost on where to start really.

And most my friends don’t like getting there hands dirty.

:newbie: Alex100

B

bushyboo

Hi Alex and welcome
there are ladies on here and lots of info and im sure there will be people from your neck of the woods

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi Alex and welcome.

You've come to the right place. There are loads of ladies on this site and there are great many people from your neck of the woods on here as well.

Being from the North East originally I always keep an eye for meets in your area and the Northern members do seem to meet a lot.

There are loads of school out there some are better than other, just like everything. Would you be prepared to travel for coarses?

P

Feb 12, 2006
sunderland
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, im glad im not the only lady interest in Bushcraft then. I am willing to travel and pay for a course's (pipplib) have you any i can look at :D :D :D .

Thank you again Alex :You_Rock_

dean2

Jan 21, 2006
surrey
Welcome, i am new here myself, but everybody here has been fab, theres a wealth of knowledge and everybody is keen to share and help, which is fab, so ask away and see what happens......

enjoy
Dean :D

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi

I personally have no connection with any schools :( but there are loads down our way. You may find some helpful information if you do a Thread search using the search facility near the top right of the screen.

However, I would also suggest that you check out Forest Knights The school is owned and ran by a member of the forum called Wayne.

I've done a first aid coarse with them and it was fantastic. There is train access to Arundal where the school is located and I'm sure they'd pick you up if need be.

However, before you book a coarse I would recommend that you post here for feedback. They can be a lot of money and the quality can vary. However, I'm sure that someone on this site has been with one school or another and they will give an honest response.

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :D

P

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
A warm welcome. Don't only get your hands dirty but come and get smoky by the virtual camp fire.

The meetups are a good way to learn bushcraft skills and don't cost hardly anything. Everyone here seems to enjoy freely handing on their skills.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Welcome to the community Alex hope you enjoy it :D .

As for the course you want to go on. There are so many different types to go on its mind boggling ;) . I am sure if you dig around on this site for long enough you will find some info on most courses available.

Cheers
Jay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE