new Tipi and homemade woodburner

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
hi, i got a new Tipi a couple of days back so the kids were quite excited to see it up ,so up it went yesterday. i put the small woodburner i got made inside and it worked very well on it,s first burn.i need to try and get a better flue/chimney setup though .i was a bit concerned with the tipi ,where the flue goes out the hat because it is polycotton , but it was fine .
Picture1967.jpg

Picture1964.jpg

Picture1963.jpg

Picture1956.jpg

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Looks very cosy, nice one.
Im getting a tipi/stove set up for the family when saved up. Cant wait. Better than our damp cold plastic thing.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
its a Mad Bear vildmark 4 shewie , its got the cotton liner inside as well .it,s not just as good quality as my tentipi varrie 7 , but it is good .i got it from a member part cash ,part trade , it was unused .

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Glad to see there was a "wee glass" to christen the tipi. Call me old fashioned but I recon it needs it.
Goatboy

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
it is a propper chimney and worked ok, but it is not ideal ;) . if nothing else appears at a reasonable price i will just need to tweak it here and there and make it do.

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Absolutely marvelous Gill :)

Been looking for a good priced one like that for quite some time now.. might end up just buying a parachute and cannibalizing it for pieces to make my own.

She's a beaut my friend. A real beaut.

Colin.W

Nomad
May 3, 2009
Weston Super Mare Somerset UK
We hired a tipi about 5 years ago to go to a meet, a big canvas beastie with wooden poles about 5 or 6 meters long, I was surprised how easy it was to erect such a monster it slept 10 of us with loads of room for our kit, with fire in a large fire bowl in the middle of it, if we didnt have the mini bus I dont know how we would have transported the poles. The point I'm finally getting to I cant see the poles on yours or is it a sectional pole in the middle and the tipi is pegged out around it

Colin

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE