New sleeping bag required....please advise

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
sounds very similar to where i go, is it a static or tourer, i fear in the winter your snugpak 3 may not be warm enough, caravans seem colder than tents to me.

Have slept in the minuses with a crappy old bag (material, not female variety) from Millets, there is a small Calor gas heater that runs on low for really cold nights and 2 Greyhounds that don't believe in sleeping on the dog shelf.......toasty.

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Firstly I'll start by stating that I prefer synthetic bags over down when camping in temperate conditions as experience has taught me that no matter how many precautions one takes, there's always a risk of getting your sleeping bag damp or even wet & feather is useless when damp, also synthetic bags dry quicker & are easier to wash. I use a Snugpak sleeper xtreme........warm enough in anything but extreme cold, though with a liner could probably cope with any UK weather. I'm of average build & there's room enough for at least half of me again, (I like roomy bags as when turning around the bag doesn't come with you).......heavy though (just over 2 kilos) & bulky( around 30 litres in it's stuff sack ) but with a price tag around £40 & given it's build quality,comfort & efficiency it would be hard to find a better bag.

i have a sleeper extreme spare if somebody wants to buy it.. been slept in 4 times from memory i upgraded to the softie 12

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Carinthia Defence 4 - cannot recommend enough

Used issue sleeping systems and went to a lighter snugpak - both great, but issue bag too heavy and bulky (although I para pack bags so kind of a contradiction there) and the softies not as warm until you get to higher season then your back to bulk.

Forked out for a Carinthia a little while ago and its great, slept out -15 in the lakes (warcop) and was dandy. Havent used it without a bivvy bag though despite its waterproof shell. Cannot stress enough the importance of a decent roll mat, some say more important than a decent sleeping bag and I do lend myself to that opinion on occasion, multimat summat is my suggestion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE