New Sleeping Bag - Feedback

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham O

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2006
North Wales
Having just come back from 4 days bothying in Scotland, I thought the group might like some feedback on a new sleeping bag. (If you don't, sorry to bore you!)
As I am getting older and don't want to rough it too much, I bought myself a Marmot Wave IV rated to -11 celsius on the new EU grading scale. £80 in Cotswold and £68 after discount.
Result - the best sleeping bag I've had in years. Very warm and correctly rated. First night was certainly minus something, but had to take clothing off about 2 in the morning as too hot. Eventually had a temperature of about -10 yesterday morning in Oban bothy, Loch Morar and with good thermals and a hat, was quite comfy. My friend with a 3 season bag had 3 layers top and bottom, plus a duvet jacket inside his sleeping bag and in a bivi bag. He was still cold.
Packs down quite well and not too heavy. How synthetic bags have come on in the last 25 years since I bought my last one!

Hope that helps someone.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE