New Site Feedback And Issues

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
That's not really necessary is it? I'm sure you pay for more reasons than just one more itty-bitty forum to use?

Give the bloke a break, this is a major site upgrade and there are bound to be teething troubles. I'm sure Tony will deal with the FM forum, but there is no need to throw the "bit we pay for" thing at him. I'm sure if it's an issue for you, Tony will give you a refund (and if I were Tony I'd gift-wrap it with an invitation to find the door.) :rolleyes:

With respect, I pay for it, and its not working. Not 'throwing anything' at anyone.
I just feel that if this is now a commercial site (which it appears to be) it comes across as a bit amateurish to have the paid-for bit not working.

I know its a new site blah blah blah but these sort of things should be sorted out before go-live.

But yeah, maybe I should STFU and lump it because the big scary ex-black mod told me to.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
And after posting that reply, I got taken to a blank page, rather than the view of the thread that I would normally get taken to.

Just off the top of my head, it might be useful to compile a known bug list so that we know what you are and aren't aware of, that way we will know what needs reporting.

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Trying to buy a Spring Bushmoot ticket (Full event ) from the shop it fails and gives an error
"Info: To add this product into your cart you have to select a product variant on the details page." and the shopping cart stays empty.

That's trying to add to the cart from the details page using IE6 on XP and not using a proxy server.

However it will add to the cart if I claim to have a child under 13 with me so looks like a problem with the cart coding not accepting a zero for that field.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Login browser error occurs when following a URL in an email notification of a new post to thread. It’s a recurrent problem I’ve noticed during the last few days.

1. Click on URL to new post in thread in an email notification..
2. Navigate to front page to login (as requested at the top of the forums).
3. Results in the following browser error (screen capture):
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/B3xIq7/bcuk_capture.jpg

4. Refresh page in browser, resulting in the following error message box (screen capture):
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/B3xIq7/bcuk_capture2.jpg

5. Click OK button on error message box, which results in successful login (screen capture):
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/B3xIq7/bcuk_capture3.jpg

Login to BCUK using the browser directly, works fine with no errors.

EDIT: Using the Browser only, and to login directly at the front page, causes no errors (to clarify the above sentence).

Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2
Web Client: Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11

Hope this helps,
Paul.

PS: Admin - if the screen captures are of any use, please grab them soon, as I’ll be deleting them after a coupe of days. Cheers.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I have the front page saved in my bookmarks and I'm logged in. When I visit after being logged out on my PC, although the login box says "Hi, falcon", when I move to the forum pages the system shows I'm not....no PM's etc. So I have to log out, log in again and things are OK. I can then leave the site to go elsewhere and revisit and my login performs as it should do. Not sure if this problem has been mentioned elsewhere among the more sophisticated reports, but this is certainly mine.....

Edit:.....just tried to comment in the Blogs again and it won't let me. It seems very inconsistent...sometimes moving between forums and blogs I'm logged in and sometimes not. Sometimes all blogs appear, somtimes only one. I'm struggling to see a pattern to it and can't understand why some users can comment on the blogs while others can't. Oh....I've cleared cookies and temporary internet files to no effect.....

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Guys,

Thanks again for all this feedback, it’s massively helpful in ironing out all the issues. I’m sure you’ve noticed that things are getting fixed at a good rate, although the list is quite long so it’s going to be a while more before they’re all sorted.

We’ll compose an ‘issues logged’ list as soon as we get a chance then it will be easier for us all to keep an eye on things. Some people are experiencing things individually and other things affect multiple people. Keep giving us the errors and any relevant info, such as how you got to the fault, what system you’re using etc.

The new site has only been up a few days, it won’t be long before all this is just a memory :D

Thanks again
T

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I've changed my mind about the weather feature - having just seen my local forecast for the weekend - rain!!!!! can't you fix that?:(

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Two issues:

A. Profile Picture not uploading to server/loading on to pages via User CP menu link.
B. Conflicting information about the file size allowed for Profile Picture (highlighted in red).

1. Login on front page.

2. Click on Forums tab.

3. Click on User CP

4. Click on Edit Profile Picture link – ‘Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller)’
5. Upload picture from hard drive.

6. Profile picture upload completed but not displaying – page refreshed but still not displaying.

7. Logged-out/browser files flushed/login at front page/profile picture still not there.

8. Goto User Menu section (left of screen) and click on My Profile.

9. Goto Edit button, and choose Update Your Image from pop-up menu – ‘Your image file can be maximum (width x height - size): 200x500 - 100 KB’
10. New image uploaded, and now displaying.

Best regards,
Paul.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Following on from the above issues in post #72:

Tried to update Profile Picture from User CP with an image larger than the recommended 100 x 100 pixels (200 x 321) and I get an error message from the site software (screen capture):
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t179/B3xIq7/bcuk_capture4.jpg

Tried to update Profile Picture from the front page - User Menu >My Profile>Edit>Update Your Image:

Successfully uploaded and displayed.

Best regards,
Paul.

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
After some login and password problems last night it has allowed me in on the system generated password this morning but, on trying to change the password to one of my choice, the Edit Password option in Edit profiles just produces a blank screen even though the icon shows that the folder is open. I'll try again later.....

JM

Forager
Sep 9, 2003
Left
Hello, Just a few words:

Well, I am sorry that advertising has made such a big entry in BCUK. even if it is called sponsoring, it is advertising, and well, it makes the place far from what it used to be, both morally and visually, much less attractive to me. But then I suppose it was unavoidable. Hey who I am to throw the stone, I have done that too in my time and place!

BTW the word sorry: s.o.r.r.y. does not show!

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Search facility
I'm not having much joy with this - I tried searching for airic and alpkit to find something
I'd written about these sleeping mats and it returned zero hits. So I tried a search for
Ray Mears but only 24 hits turned up and not that many from thread posts, more from
reviews and the articles / skills section. I know there must be more than that cos I've
probably written in quite a few of the threads myself :rolleyes: , unless there has been
some judicious pruning in the transfer of course :D

Gailainne

Life Member
Jodie

I find the easiest way to do a search on old posts I've started or been involved in, is to click on my avatar in a post, that allows me to search for either "threads started by me" or "threads I've contributed to". I know you probably know this already but thought I would share.

I know the search facility allows you to do a search by name, but I find this quicker, if theres a better way, spill :notworthy Oh Goddess of the search and Google it. :D

On final countdown to Sweden :red: :red: 5 days and tick tock :red: :red:

Stephen

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Hehe :)

I've not found a search facility other than the little box in the top right which only lets
you search a keyword or two. Is there another search facility that is hiding from me?

Sometimes I might not post in a thread but still want to refer to it and I expect these
search option tweaks are on the glitch list.

Google is helping me until I find the whizzy search facility.

What are you doing in Sweden? I used to live in a house with five Swedish nurses,
you can imagine how suddenly popular I was with my male colleagues :rolleyes:

They chewed lots of snus (a type of tobacco), made weird cakes from fish and wore
candles on their heads on St. Lucia day - quirky bunch :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE