New Shiny Bushtool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Just wanted to send out a big Thanks to Robeves of this forum for the work he did in making up a Bushtool carver and a matching necker to my design as a companion tool.
Throughout the build he's kept in great communication as we've been zinging emails back and forth on different aspects (I thought I'd covered all the bases until a few probing questions revealed I hadn't thought of everything - even down to the colour of the thread on the sheath:D).
He's been a real gent to work with and I definitely owe him a drink at the gathering for his efforts.
Here's a pic after it had been put through its first use in roughly shaping out a new kuksa, and I have to say it breezed through the job and is a real joy to use.
Thanks again bud and I'll look forward to working with you again.

Right now lets all see if I can upload an image (everyone says its so easy, not when your sat here it isn't :rolleyes:)

Fingers crossed, I really shouldn't be allowed loose on these things;)

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Hey Marmite,
What a splendid looking blade. i love the bushtool design but hate micarta. the curly birch really does work.
Cheers for sharing.

Hi Baggins, thanks for the comments. The handle is a Birds Eye Maple, when talking to Rob it came up as a possible choice but due to my woodlores handle looking pretty plain with no 'eyes' or figuring so to speak, I asked Rob if he could source something with a little flair. As you can see he definitely came through and I'm a very happy bunny:)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
They look truly great
#big fan of Bushtool design
any chance of more pics eg both knives out of sheaths spine shots etc
Oh no I feel an urge
lol
I will resist

Marmite

Life Member
Feb 20, 2012
Gloucestershire
Ok, as requested a few more pics (afraid taken with poor light this evening and using the phone but hopefully showing enough detail)

The twinset revealed

White and dark green liners

The idea behind the necker was designing something for Marmite Girl as she's been more and more interested in starting up so wanted something for her hand as the blades on the Mora and Hultafors are just to big for her at the moment

All I can say Redandshane is if your trying to resist just make sure you never pick one up, they're really hard to put down.

Forget what I just said, listen to the voices, you know you want one, go on......

...and a pic next to a plated Bushtool for scale, that Rob made for me last year, sorry for the scratches but she's a user and I love her (just don't tell SWMBO ha,ha;))
Enjoy.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE