New sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Finally got the camera back off SWMBO so have picture of my latest attempt at knife sheath.

Very happy with the stitching (awl for holes. waxed thread). Still haven't cracked dyeing things yet... it'll come!

new_sheath.JPG

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
I have another solution to the firesteel subject. I carved off the original plastic handle from the steel bit. I then drilled a small hole throug it at one end (6-7 mm in) where I put a suitable string through and now I can thread it through anything. When I use it i put my finger through the string loop and I get a great grip and great control of the steel. My other idea is to put a split ring through the hole. To use it just put your index finger through the ring and the steel is secured and in perfect position.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Thats a nice piece of work Red. I can't see whats wrong with the dying job, I LIKE leather that looks like it has some character rather than being what some might call perfect (and I call "plain") With black leather it's a different matter, but with brown, I actually do prefer a bit of patterning.

Gumbob

Tenderfoot
Sep 22, 2005
Ayrshire
Superb work :D

I agree with the previous posts about the dying. Looks much better if its not too 'uniform'. Gives it character.

Regards...Gumbob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE